What's new

Paper Mario Help.

isheka

So I got a rom for Paper Mario for n64.
However, it doesn't let me hit start to pick items and look at the map or anything.

When i started the game everything went smoothly, I got to the Goomba village saved the old goompa guy and then he was like "oh lawrd here, have a badge homes!" and i was like "oh yay, more damage!" and then he asked if i asked if i wanted to see how to equip a badge, i hit yes-he brought through the step by step instructions- press start go to the right, hit A, hit A, cool now close with start- all of his tutorial in the game worked, but outside the tutorial, when I hit start, it doesn't bring up anything and is as if i didn't hit anything. does this happen to anyone else? is there a way to fix it? heellllpppp.

DETOMINE

According to BigHead's compatibility list :
Paper Mario - (U) - (E) (M4)
Emulators :
- Mupen64
- Project64

Video Plugin :
- Glide64 Final

Audio Plugin :
- Azimer's HLE v.0.56 WIP 2
- Jabo's Direct Sound 1.6.1

Known bugs :
- (Minor) Various minor graphics errors.
- (Minor) Incorrect background during menus. Mupen64 and Glide64 can enable the "Get frame buffer info" option. Other emulators, the option "Read every frame (slow!)" is needed.

Info: Project64 has audio issues. You may use Jabo's plugin with "Sync game to audio" which will fix 95% of the popping sounds, but Mupen64 and 1964 already have perfect audio.