What's new

Paper Mario flickering

accurim

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I've read a few stickies and tried searching around the forums and so far I know I need a video plugin. I tried Glide64 but I don't have a voodoo card or 3dfx so I got a wrapper but I don't know how to install it :(. My main goal is just to stop paper mario from flickering can someone help please.

I am using pj64 1.6, I updated the rom databases and gamefaq stuff, using a U version of paper mario.

Processor: P4 3.4 ghz
RAM: 1gig
Video card: Radeon X800 XT 256mb

EDIT: Thank you Clements it works like a charm now. Before I couldn't see hp bars going down and I didn't know it was because of the video plugins but now its working. Are there any settings I should put in glide64 so the FPS can increase?

Last edited:

Milo-

I have useless information
Is there anyway in wich people with crappy video cards like mine (SiS M661MX) can avoid flickering? Glide64 is very buggy for me

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Milo- said:
Is there anyway in wich people with crappy video cards like mine (SiS M661MX) can avoid flickering? Glide64 is very buggy for me
Not really. It's problem in Jabo's plugins, both 1.6 and 1.5.2. I don't know, perhaps earlier version of Rice's oplugin will work better with low-end cards...

Last edited:

emukeen

I just use Direct64 0.5.03.25+PJ64 1.6 to avoid flickering. If it flickers after some time, F5 to save in advance, quit the emulator and reload the game.

Last edited: