What's new

Paper Mario Flickering Final

Luigi

Yes, I know that it has been asked a 1000 times and yes I know that for some people there are solutions, and that for others there aren't. I have looked through tons of posts and been at many websites but yet I still I have not received the help that I need...

so... if anyone could PLEASE help me with this problem, I would really appreciate it:

After you beat the Goomba King, the bridge comes down, and you arrive at Toad town for the first time... the flickering begins. I have a Geforce2 GTS Video Card with NVidia drivers. My Counter Factor is already at 1 and yet it still does the flickering.

If anyone could please help me by telling me what settings I should use to stop this flickering, I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks guys. :pj64:

Eliminator

The Eliminator
Use 1964. It doesen't have the flickering. Why would you wanna play Paper mario.....that game is horrbile.

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
It may be horrible (The semi-RPG element isn't too good) but graphically it's quite nice. Even though the sprites may spell "LAZY" all over the game, that doesn't mean that it's a bit well-made. :innocent:

I've only experienced one slightly irritating probelm with Paper Mario. When Bowser battles Mario in the intro and throws him out, all the sprites go pitch black, but only in the scenes before and after the battle, not in the battle itself. Weird... oh, and the star spirits also don't seem to want to go semi-transparent, as when they do, they go black.

truffles

A Pixelating Eskimo
i started paper mario couple of days ago.... pretty cool... dunno if i will ever have time to finish it... well... loosk good though...

im not that fond of rpg games...

well i guess i should try it out :)

hope i have time to squeeze it in some how....

and i will try to beat it w/out using a walkthrough...

im sometimes a big cheater..... u-g-h

OP
Luigi

Luigi

thats great... if you dont like the game, then you dont have to reply to my message; i enjoy the game so if there is anyone out there who knows how to fix the graphical error, please tell me, thanks

hellknight

Banned
I love this game yes I'm 16 but I'm a jump&run and a big zelda and mario game

I played through:
OOt 4times

Mom:3times

paper mario:2times(I'm on the way to third)

mario64:1time(all 120 stars)

link's awakening:10times!!!!!!super mario world:4times

SMW2:2times

SMB3:1time

ok that's enough for now;)

OP
Luigi

Luigi

but when you played did you get it to work properly without the flickering??

btw, 1964 is slower and has even more flickering than project64 does under the same settings with Jabo's plugin

OP
Luigi

Luigi

please tell me what settings you have for jabo's plugin and for the game settings in 1964 to make it work properly;

-my CF has always been set to 1

Time Flare

I would tell you the settings for my pj64 but unfortunately I have the same problems too. ??? I KNOW for a fact that it can be fixed in 1964 Geforce2/Nvidia drivers assuming you use jabo's graphic plugin 1.6/1.7... but Im not sure what settings they must be.

OP
Luigi

Luigi

I think you enable anisotropic filtering and you force normal blending while on CF 1 or 2, but even that didn't do it for me. :angry: There must be more to it.

OP
Luigi

Luigi

go to options /settings / rom settings / counter factor and change it to what you want....

AND AS FOR EVERYONE ELSE...

Im getting desperate here and I REALLY want to play paper mario without the flickering using NVidia drivers with a Geforce2 GTS and I know that it is possible... therefore if anyone out there helps me fix this and helps me get the flickering to go away, i promise to give that guy 2 FREE N64 ROMS OF YOUR CHOICE... you name them! Thanks guys. :)

dreassica

I had the flickering in PJ 1.3, but since i started to use 1.4 i don't have that problem anymore
I didn't change anything in options