rob64

Banned
2 weeks ago I bought these parts

Intel p 4 2.0GHZ northwood
Abit BD7-11 P 4 845e
256mb ddr

only to find when I assembled them there was no power going to
the board.
All I got was a green light on the board and when you pressed the power button the light whould turn red and the fan whould start and then stop

I read the manual only to find that the p 4 needs more power that
a normal chip so i when to pc world and bought a new PSU that
was designed for p 4 use

No luck Same thing happend again

with no where to turn I contacted Tech support they told me to send back the parts
Which I did they sent me some new ones today only to find that
I am now getting the same problem once again

Any help would be most appreciated

RoB 64

Trotterwatch

Make sure the board isn't touching any metal part of the case

Try clearing the CMOS via the jumper

Are you getting any bios bleeps? If so how many?.

Slougi

I had a similar problem a few years ago. I couldn't find the prob and was about to pull my hair out when i noticed that the clear cmos jumper set to cmos clear all the time! The damn copper connector part of the jumper had stayed on the pins and just the plastic part came off. Haven't had a board with jumpers since then, that really pissed me off. Was an expensive Asus board and they ship POS jumpers like these!

Trotterwatch

Haven't had a board with jumpers since then, that really pissed me off. Was an expensive Asus board and they ship POS jumpers like these!

My friend had the same problem, also with an expensive Asus board! His motherboard is also still very tempermental if you change things in the BIOS, it will often just refuse to boot up until you clear CMOS again! I told him to send it back, but he just puts up with it.

OP
R

rob64

Banned
I have tried what you have suggested

I've Cleared the CMOS - No Luck
Taken the board out of the case and made sure it wasn't touching the metal - No Luck
Stirpped it down so there is only the cpu to power - No luck

I keep getting the same outcome

As this is the second time that this has happend with the same components I am reluctant to get these same parts again
could you advise what i should say to custmer support regarding
my problem EG (Will i need to get different parts that are more
compliant for this chip)

Thanks RoB 64