What's new

Overclocking Help

Hal

Bartman
Ok, I have searched the internet for countless hours trying to figgure out how to overclock my processor. I have an Intel P3 933mHZ and Im dying to reach over to the GHtz mark, but I cant find any solid information on how to overclock the friggin thing. Any info is greatly appricitated.

Clements

There are a couple of things you can try. If your BIOS allows it (not all do), you can raise the FSB (and sometimes multiplier) to overclock your processor. Another way is to use a Tweak utility to raise the FSB in Windows which does not require you going into the BIOS. I personally use a combination of both. Obviously there are some dangers if you overclock too far too fast.

Grab yourself CPU-Z as well to track your progess. Good luck.

OP
Hal

Hal

Bartman
Thanx, but Im not so sure how to get into the BIOS. I tried pressing delete on startup , but it only said I had a keyboard error, does this mean my PC doesnt support the BIOS

Allnatural

You do have a bios, but it's not always accessed with the 'delete' key. Do a google search for the method of access specific to the manfacturer of your computer. Keep in mind that you may have limited options once you're in there.

OP
Hal

Hal

Bartman
Ok, one other thing, where can you download an overclocking tweaking utility

OP
Hal

Hal

Bartman
Well, as far as the BIOS goes, Compaq decided not to include overclocking in theirs. Allthough, I have found a program that can overclock called "CPUCool", but now it wants to know my PLL manufacturer and type. Anyone have any clue on how to do this.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
You are going to be required to do a lot of searching. :( If you can't find an answer, the PLL probably isn't supported.