What's new

Overclocking a Pentium III Coppermine

Stezo2k

S-2K
Hi,
cuz my pc is quite old now, i was thinking of overclocking it to around 0.8ghz, does anyone know any tools i could use? My specs are below, and i belive my motherboard is an Intel i810-L

thanx in advance

Stez

Allnatural

The multiplier is locked on the Pentium 3, so you'll have to resort to boosting the FSB. Explore your BIOS, or find some jumpers on your mobo. There was/is a program called SoftFSB which could tweak your system bus when BIOS options weren't available. I've never used it, and I don't know if it's still being worked on.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
i had a look though my bios and never found any FSB settings, i duno what jumpers are, and ive tried softFSB before, but my motherboard isnt on the list :(

Stez

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Jumpers are little things you put over little things sticking out of the motherboard. If you dont have your manual to see which ones to change, try http://www.intel.com for a manual. :)

back in 2000, i could easily overclock my P3 coppermine 733 to exactly 825 (the p3 733 is locked at a multiplier of 5.5 so.. 5.5x150=825mhz.) :) I had an Asus-CUV4X which had the option to change the FSB via the bios.

Last edited: