What's new

Once again: fishing problem in OoT

Crowley

I know this had been debated before, but has any solution surfaced? Whenever the fish bites it gets loose after 2-3 seconds no matter what I do. I know I set the hook properly since Navi doesn't mention that, just says "What happened? The fish got loose!" I'm using Thrustmaster Firestorm 3 gamepad and I've tried various input plugins (N64 virtual pad, Jabo's and N-Rage).

jessman1988

Banned
I'm sorry, but I think that it's you. Fishing is flawless on all n64 emulators for me. Maybe you don't have a good controller? Many your config is incorrect? Did you remember to hold down the stick and A to lock it in once you have a bite? Hm.............

Last, did it work on your REAL n64?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
WOrks for me, too.
Think it's a Sh*t controller or something like that... I'd done it on my N64 and on my emus...

OP
C

Crowley

I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do. I set the hook with down+A, hear a snatch and start reeling in with A+R. I've succesfully caught fish with Project64 using the same controller and input plugin. Unfortunately I can't get Project64 to properly load the save state I've done with 1964.

gandalf

Member ready to help
I have the same problem (using a keyboard) ONLY in 1964 0.9.9 with Jabo´s Direct Input and N-Rage
I solved it using PJ64 in the part of the fishing

OP
C

Crowley

Damn! Now I can't catch fish even with PJ64 anymore! Different input plugins don't help, using the keyboard doesn't help... What am I doing wrong?

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Hi,
This is a funny topic , but when Im fishing in the game I set the hook then hold the fishing rod to the side. I catch the fish every time so long as the hook is set. I dont know if you already tried this but it works perfectly for me . It is posible to catch a fish with the rod strait but I find holding to the side on the reelin gets the fish closer to you . hope you solve this problem . For a fishing game , I really like Bass Masters 2000 .

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
I have "Legend of Zelda, Master Quest" USA, maybe some versions have this thing working and some not on the normal oot

OP
C

Crowley

I just noticed something: after I've hooked a fish, it seems like there's no difference in the reeling speed whether or not I hold R down. Could someone who has fishing working test what happens if you try to reel the fish in without using R?