What's new

Okay, how much money do those guys need?

Mimeblade

Seriously, I'm literally and figuratively dying here. (due to invisible bullets) It says on their site that they accept donations as a means of "inspiration for work" to release a new version of Chankast. My question would be this:

How much money would they need to fix the graphical and sound errors in Ikaruga? Seriously, Chankast is currently my only means of displaying this game in full-screen TATE (upright) with quality graphics. (I have a crappy TV and an excellent rotatable monitor.) If those guys need funding, how much would they need to just fix the Ikaruga problems at the very least?

No jokes now, I'd be willing to donate some amount if it meant fixing that. :batman:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
-_-;

You DO know that begging for a release even with donations ultimately leads nowhere, right? Yes, a lot of people are frustrated, but damn, deal with it.

The new released will be out when it's done whether that be a month, 2 years or never from now.

Lathspell

The Eye on You...
People from Chankast project were damn good in making working emulator of Sega Dreamcast. Thanks for them we are able to play many games. But now they are in coma. Well, there was a time when I was wondering what I must do to make them continue improving Chankast. I even think about donate them... Well, the truth is that we must waiting because nothing chage thier minds: nor money nor asking.

flowrent

I dont think it's about the money here .If they could do Chankast they surely must be very talented programmers and earn lots of money...
Maybe right now they lack the motivation.
I don't know what could bring it back ,maybe the upcoming appearance of NullDc would wake the competition spirit between the two teams and something good will come out of it.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Maybe they don't want to charge people for using their emulator, hence setting up an "optional" donation, which one can use to pay if you one really thinks it is worth it.

synch

Well, if you're thinking about "donating" (or more likely paying for some work), you should seriously consider that the work that you're asking for would cost a lot of money in the real world. As this is a hobby project, you cannot pay/donate someone just to fix some game you're willing to play: the only option is to wait if they're willing to continue. Seriously, no pun intended. And, if you're REALLY willing to pay money to get some game fixed, when the authors are more interested in other hobby project, and thus not wanting to spend their free time on that software, you should realize that these type of work is VERY expensive (real life work salary).

Don't get mad about my comments, but I know at least what one of the authors of chankast are doing nowadays... And looks like they prefer to spend their time on something they REALLY enjoy doing in their little free time.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Think of it this way:
One person really loves the work of the authors. BUT, there is one flaw. And that person REALLY wants that flaw to be fixed. Therefore, that person asks the authors nicely if they can fix the issue - but that person is also willing to compensate the authors for the time they take for fixing this, because maybe they don't have the time or some such.