What's new

Notebook performance

messiaen

Hi,

I just bought a new notebook and I was wondering if it might run some GC or WII games at decent speed. Here are the specs:

Intel Corei3-350M @ 2.25Ghz
nVIDIA GeForce GT 325M (1GB)
4GB RAM DDR3
x64 Win 7

So far the only game I've tried is MegaMan 9 on some later revision, but graphics were badly messed up. I guess that one might run fine thought.

But, any change of it running something like Mario Galaxy or Sunshine at a reasonable FPS?

Flash

Technomage
It depends on what is "reasonable" for you. SMG will run at 40-100% speed on this config, Sunshine will be playable but a bit slower.
Tatsunoko vs Capcom will run at full speed.

P.S. If you already bought it, why ask here, just try to run those games yourself :)

OP
M

messiaen

Tried Mario Galaxy on two different revisions (5038 and 6298) with many different settings, but it seems like my hardware isn't good enough to provide a more or less stable gameplay :(. Either way, congrats to the Dolphin team for the emulator.

Just saying that you used revisions and that you used different settings is not enough to come to the conclusion that you cannot play the game. More info is needed on the specifics. Your system is plenty good enough to run Mario Galaxy if you know what you're doing.

OP
M

messiaen

Tried Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and New Super Mario Bros with Dolphin 2.0. With DX9 Plugin, Dual Core enabled, Copy Texture to RAM and Fog disabled I got around 30 fps (with 0 frameskips). The revisions I tested got similar results.

Clements

You'll have better luck running certain Gamecube games like Wind Waker fullspeed where the requirements are a lot lower, compared with something like Super Mario Galaxy (and the sequel) which need a bit more CPU grunt for full frames. Not saying a Core i3 is bad or anything, just that the requirements are pretty damn high for fullspeed in certain games.