What's new

Not reading disc..

Sonic Adventure

Ok this might sound dumb, but i've got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for DC, and i wanna play it on this EMU, but when i pop it into the Disc Drive, it doesnt show anything is in the drive, stupid question i know, anyone got any ideas?

Branz_mf

doh... you should have looked at the faqs!!! :doh:
Faq... Read this before posting said:
Q: How do i use my legally owned GC discs?
A: You can't, these GC discs aren't compatible with your DVD drive

Oh, you said sa2 for dc?? I tought it was for gc, anyway, you should pay more attention before posting in the wrong section!!!

Last edited:

Allnatural

Two things:
1. PC CD-ROM drives generally can't read Dreamcast disks
2. Dolphin (a Gamecube emulator) won't play DC games

Draky

Myriam's Lover
pc can not read dreamcast disc
pc can not read gamecube disc

:D
sonic adventure 2 battle exist for dreamcast and gamecube BUT dreamcast version complete title is : "sonic adventure 2" and gamecube version complete title is "sonic adventure 2 battle" ;)

Djmack8000

I love PIE!
dude, if you want to play sonic adventure2, or better yes, sonic adventure the origional on the pc, get the DC emu (chankast) and a dc iso. YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET 30 FPS!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!

EDIT: but i think there IS a way for regualr PC's to read DC CD's

PS: lol that's funny PC's DC CD's

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Djmack8000 said:
EDIT: but i think there IS a way for regualr PC's to read DC CD's
With some major firmware hacks on certain drives, this has been successful. However, it's not an easy thing to accomplish, as the drives have to be physically modified to make this work. And a very select few drives can do it.

Draky

Myriam's Lover
Djmack8000 said:
but i think there IS a way for regualr PC's to read DC CD's

i do not think so because... the dreamcast discs were very special, they were burning "reverse", in a normal cd drive, the laser goes from the center to the edge of the disc.
in a "gd rom" and in the internal dreamcast gd driver the laser come from the edge to the center :)

as the gd driver was a standard yamaha specially modified, some people said that with the normal yamaha (which I could not remember the serial number/model) and a modified firmware you could read gd rom...