What's new

No sound in PJ64 save state

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Hey, when I try to import a PJ64 save state into 1964, I get an error saying that the save state doesnt match the rom, which is wierd because I use the same exact roms for both PJ and 19. And when I choose to continue emulation, the save state still loads in the right place but I get no sound. Was this supposed to be fixed in the 8c version or the next version? Im using 8c right now. Thanx.

Duncan

N64 Addict
8c had alot of problems (regretfully), and as stated here before we cant really support that version, but i will make sure to test your problem on the latest build to see if it is present, just let me know what game it was that did this and ill check it out :)

Nokturne

Mmmm, is your pj state:
1. in the middle of the game
2. or after the dextrose screen/before-the-game-starts part?

I myself could never get sound to work with it in the middle of the game.

Using the second way, it works with sound, but you have to save the game the real way. You can still use save states, but with no sound until you save in the game and restart using that second way.

At least i think thats how it workd, hahaha, i could be just splurting blabble and smokin chlorox....... I remember havin the same problem and eventually deciphering the confusing readme someone out there made for the process.

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
My save state was at the title screen and in the middle of the opening story. I'll try one after the dextrose screen and see what happens.

Duncan

N64 Addict
I tried it after the dextrose screen/before-the-game-starts and i had no problem, so hopefully this is just a matter of procedure :)

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
I've tried it after the Dextrose screen and I still dont get sound. The problem is 1964 keeps saying that the rom headers are mismatched when Im using the same exact rom for both emulators. Should I rename the pj64 save state or something?

Nokturne

Meh, it aint the mismatched filename thing, i get that too....

so if doing the imported save after dextrose aint workin, i'm at a loss.