What's new

No graphics

reality6

I'm very much a newbie here, so bear with me. First, there weren't any plugins listed, even though I downloaded the latest update (1.6). But it was looking in the wrong place, so I set the right directory (\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\). Then it said that the plugins weren't yet "initialized" and it wouldn't open a rom. So I rebooted, and apparently that initialized the plugins or something, because the rom opened, and sound played - but the PJ64 window remained black. I pressed enter after a little while, and the sound changed - as if it was going to a new screen - but there were still no video.

I'm on Windows XP. If you need to know other specs (like what video card I have, or something), just ask - but you might have to tell me how to find out what I have (for example I don't know what video card I have or how to find out - newb, I told you so).

Any ideas what's wrong?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You could take some time to configure the plugins a little, especially the graphics plugin (although PJ64 1.6 should default to Jabo's Direct3D8 plugin).

So yeah, what video card do you have?

OP
R

reality6

Well, it says right now that "Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 is the video plugin. And I'm not sure exactly how to find out what the video card is, but it might be "Intel (R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller."

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
reality6 said:
Well, it says right now that "Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 is the video plugin. And I'm not sure exactly how to find out what the video card is, but it might be "Intel (R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller."
That's an integrated Intel graphics chip. Try Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin or a completely different graphics plugins.