What's new

No directX? but I DO! pls help

HPspectre

every time i open up a ROM it gives me the error: "no hardware-accelerated Direct3D devices were found". thing is it worked on my computer before, then i reformatted it and i gives me this. just in case, i went back and installed August 2007`s runtime and it still says that. also, in openGL mode nothing happens, just a blank screen.
please someone help me, i was doing so great in paper mario and diddy kong racing.
thanks guys.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Make sure that your video card drivers are up to date. You can also try and set your desktop color depth to 16 bits and then trying to run a ROM.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Quite interesting that OpenGL mode doesn't fail completely but gives a black screen. I'd say the above but also, if your already in 16-bit mode, try using 24-bit mode... I really don't think your card is old enough to need 8-bit for this though.

Also! If your running an ATI card, Go grab Mudlords Rice Video and try again. It will probably give different results, if only for OpenGL mode.

X-Fi6

Like Agozer said, install new graphics drivers. Default Windows XP drivers are only to be used to install new ones.