What's new

Next-Gen Console Wars

I'm really bored and I wanna waste time so I was just wondering?
Who do you think will win the Console Wars?
Sony Playstation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, or the revolutionary Nintendo Wii?

Last edited:

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
That's a tough call, obviously microsoft is winning right now. I know the ps3 will not get as many sales as sony predicts at launch due to the $600 price tag, however over time(price drops) i think it will sell better. I'll bet money that the wii will sell out on launch date because most people want one and it's so affordable, it will be the first one i get. The 360 has somewhat of an advantage right now since it was released last year, a year before the other two, but i don't think it will be number one.

I can't really make a prediction yet, but i know this time around nintendo won't be in last by a longshot. Here's my guess.

ps3 either coming in 1st or 3rd
360 coming in 2nd or 3rd
wii coming in 2nd or 1st

here's a possible outcome if the ps3 actually sells
ps3 1st
wii 2nd
360 3rd

or if sony screw themselves over like some think
wii 1st
360 2nd
ps3 3rd

You probably think i'm a nintendo fanboy now, but i just think the wii will outsell the 360, and maybe even the ps3.

OP
SlimickGamer

SlimickGamer

Stoic
That was a good prediction since PS3 is the most expensive console on the market and Wii is the cheapest. Even I might buy the Wii when it comes out.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I'm just going to say that Wii and the PS3 will both outsell the X360 eventually, save the US market.

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
SlimickGamer said:
That was a good prediction since PS3 is the most expensive console on the market and Wii is the cheapest. Even I might buy the Wii when it comes out.
Yeah but console sales can't be predicted on price alone, it can be a big factor though. mostly, the big factor is games. there isn't much of a difference between 360 and ps3 besides blue ray and tilt sensitive controllers, and most people would rather just buy a 360 cause it's cheaper and has most of the same games as the ps3 and of course it has halo. The only real reason for me to buy a ps3 is if it had some really good console exclusive games. The wii is going to sell well not only because of the price, but because of it's original controls, and some really great game series such as, zelda, mario, metroid and others. plus it's going to have some great third party games too.

I think people are going to want to have two systems... the wii and either a 360 or ps3.

OP
SlimickGamer

SlimickGamer

Stoic
And Wii has free Wi Fi Multiplayer Connection and there's no "premium" accounts to play so it's just plain free.