What's new

newbie setup

s0medude

i have a 2.2ghz celeron w/256mb ram and onboard audio/video, AC'97, Intel8450G (?) .
i turn on the 3 buttons, auto frameskip, speed limit, and CF timing.
and it (goldeneye) is almost playable.
any other tips or is it definately my system?

-somedude

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Mostly, if not all, it's your video. Most cards 3 years older or newer (nVidia/ATI) are tons better than the onboard crap from Intel, SiS ect. ect. You could try gl64+evoodoo (or whatever they're called). They'll likely give you the best results givin your card. Try the downloads section. :)
- Modem

OP
S

s0medude

thanks for the suggestions, but i don't think its gonna work.
Glide64 v0.7 ME SP1 (w/ evoodoo?) gives me a you can;t support some gl function (GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension) and barely shows the game @9fps.
and 1964 OpenGL Graphics build 4.5.0 tells me Unknow Microcode and Exception in emulation thread.
so just rice for me.
-somedude

xamenus

If you're using Glide64 ME SP1 with Intel Graphics, use eVoodoo and not Hacktarax's glide wrapper. I have an Intel Graphics Controller and eVoodoo version 3.99 works fine with it but Hacktarax's just isn't compatible.:(

jessman1988

Banned
Hey. If you have $50 you can buy a GeForce2 MX400 from Wal-Mart. This is only a discount solution though. I'm just trying to give you a cheap alternative, but this card is REALLY bad for new games.

OP
S

s0medude

it' basically playable w/ the other rice plugin. the newer one than what is included with the 1964 download. in directx too.