What's new

Newbie problems with Jet Grind Radio

geekgod

I can't seem to get Chankast working properly with Jet Grind Radio. When I try to run it, I see the Dreamcast swirl, then it freezes the program but I can't see any specific error message and I have to use taskman to halt it.

I'm running WinXP Pro with SP2 on a P4 2.4 Ghz w/HT and 1GB ram so I should meet the minimums.

I have not tried this with other games, because this is the only game that I have tried to make a backup of and it looked like it should be compatable. The process I used to get to this point was as follows:

I got the track03.iso off of my store bought copy of Jet Grind Radio game disc and didn't get any error messages.

I ran ISOFix track03.iso 45000 and then mounted the fixed.iso with DaemonTools as a virtual drive so that I could make a Selfboot image with ExoBoot. ExoBoot didn't report any errors so I mounted the resulting image with DaemonTools as my H drive.

I am using the dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin from my Dreamcast and placed copies of them in the Chankast directory.

I opened up Chankast and change the drive to the H drive then hit start and see the DC swirl but then the program freezes.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on my third Dreamcast and don't think they are going to be any easier to get going forward.

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited: