What's new

New to Project64. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavros

Ok, I downloaded this, v1.6 ( I believe), and I got some games from school.

I try to open them with the emulator, and they don't appear in the ROM folder I created in PJ64. They are all 7Z and ACE files, could that be the problem?

When I try to open it in Windows Explorer, I get this error upon opening the emu, "Current GFX dlll could not be used please selected another one".

I can't think of a way to fix this. . .

Help?

EDIT: And yes, I'm sure that my computer has MORE THAN ENOUGH resouces for it. Trust me on this. . .

Last edited:
Yes, 7z and ace...extract them and compress to zip if you must save disk space. I think when 1.7 comes out, it will support 7z and maybe ace archives.

Darthadam54

I do know that you have to download winRAR in order to extract the files from N64 ROMs..I'm not entirely sure though.

OP
S

Stavros

Yes, 7z and ace...extract them and compress to zip if you must save disk space. I think when 1.7 comes out, it will support 7z and maybe ace archives.

How do I extract them if they're already in 7Z and ACR formats?

And no, I don't need to save space. . .

Is there any way to convert them to something that PJ64 will recognise?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
WinRar and 7zip supports 7z

WinAce supports Ace

you need the files within to a folder

(im sure a search of the forum would've found countless guides on the subject...)

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Either way, download these two programs:

WinAce for the WinAce files: http://www.winace.com/
7Zip for the 7Zip files: http://www.7-zip.org/

Extract your files to a folder of any name and location (I suggest "Roms" and putting that folder in the PJ64 folder :) ) and then open up PJ64 and refresh the games listing (F5 should do this).

Then try to run a game. Take it from there, and if you have more errors, post them here, as well as your computer's information (regardless of how powerful it is, we want to know the video card) and the exact version of PJ64 you are using and the plugins you have in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.