What's new

New to GC Emulation, few questions to be answered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom UK

Hello all,

I was amazed to see that GC has an emulator with many gmaes working with it already.

I have got the Dolphin Teaser Emulator, i put Super Smash Bros Melee iton my CD drive, i then went to file>open and tried to run the game from the Disc Drive, but it didn't work, i am not asking anyone to provide me with iso's or rom's, but do you have to download the games only, or can you play games from official Game Cube Discs?

Thanks.

Tom. :w00t:

JinXD

You have to use a standard cd-rom drive to play gc discs. If you have a cd-rw or dvd drive the protection on them prevent you from running the disc.

Gorxon

Administrator
You have to download them or rip them using your GC and BBA. Please do not ask how to do any of these here...

Clements

You cannot put the GC mini-DVDs in a CD drive. Nintendo deliberately made them so that they were unreadible in everything except a GC drive. Refer to the stickies.

OP
T

Tom UK

JinXD said:
You have to use a standard cd-rom drive to play gc discs. If you have a cd-rw or dvd drive the protection on them prevent you from running the disc.
:huh: that must be why, i have 2 drives 1 is a cd rw and the other a dvd rw, when i put the disc in the drive i click on the drive via my computer and none of the files appear, oh we'll does that mean i will have to download the games? oh also what files work with the emulator, for example iso's?... (i should search through the forum for my answers, but could you just tell me?)

Thanks.

Tom. :canadian:

OP
T

Tom UK

Clements said:
You cannot put the GC mini-DVDs in a CD drive. Nintendo deliberately made them so that they were unreadible in everything except a GC drive. Refer to the stickies.

aghhh ok... looks like the only way forward is to download them.

OP
T

Tom UK

Gorxon said:
You have to download them or rip them using your GC and BBA. Please do not ask how to do any of these here...

nah i know how and where to download then from, i already have a chipped XBOX which play back up games, but with the Game Cube do i need a Chip? I know you can stream games from your PC to XBOX, but is there another way?

OP
T

Tom UK

JinXD said:
Google it, you need a Broadband adapter for your GC for a start.

ok, but is the only way to play the games from a Game Cube is to stream off a PC?

I have broadband and fast computer, but i would prefere to do it a different way because i heard the FPS can drop when Streaming it?

I can buy a GC Broadband adapter if theres no other way.

JinXD

Tom UK said:
ok, but is the only way to play the games from a Game Cube is to stream off a PC?

I have broadband and fast computer, but i would prefere to do it a different way because i heard the FPS can drop when Streaming it?

I can buy a GC Broadband adapter if theres no other way.
There is a mod chip in developement, whether that is true or not I can't say.

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=24843

Clements

You really need to conduct your own research, since we are not allowed to tell you. The purpose of this forum is to discuss the emulator and to not discuss the obtaining of illegal gcms/playing back-ups or anything relating to this.

OP
T

Tom UK

Clements said:
You really need to conduct your own research, since we are not allowed to tell you. The purpose of this forum is to discuss the emulator and to not discuss the obtaining of illegal gcms/playing back-ups or anything relating to this.

ok i understand, but 2 more questions?

1) if i download a game what is the typical file i should get and will it run on the delphin emulator?

2) is streaming the only way to play back up games on your game cube?

OP
T

Tom UK

JinXD said:
*.gcm

yes, for now
ok, thanks a lot, u have helped me out a lot :phone:

im goin to download a game now, i will tell you how i get on, is there a list to say which games are compatible with this emulator?

Last edited:

Gorxon

Administrator
And then I close this...

Tom UK, I suggest you read through our rules again. We do not want such discussion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.