What's new

New Problem

Kuzad

Hi ok so i have got chankast to work and everything but i keep tyring to get star wars jedi power battles to work and i cant, it keeps recognizing it as a music CD and not a game.. how do i fix this problem? I have already tried making it an image with alcohol.. and i use daemon tools the newest version...and i cant find the ASPI thing the link does not take me to anything specifically...

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Either the game is unsupported, the disc image is non-selfboot or the disc image is corrupt. You don't need ASPI, use the xxx CD-ROM plugin instead.

OP
K

Kuzad

where do i get xx cd rom thing and i thought i needed ASPI thing because i have windows 2000

Agozer

Is is bundled with Chankast. Just change it from the Options menu.

No, ASPI is used by Windows 9x/ME Windows 2000/XP use SPTI and do not support ASPI as is. Of course, you can get ASPI supprt in Win2k/XP by installing a driver for it, but why bother when SPTI works just as well?

OP
K

Kuzad

where do i get SPTI then? cause I changed the plugin to CD-ROM XXX and it still said it was a music CD and the game is in the list of compatibilities

Agozer

SPTI is automatically supported in Win2000/XP. Like I said earlier, either the disc is non-selfboot, corrupted or Chankast just chose to hate it. You could try another emulator, like nullDC or Demul. They are far better than Chankast after all.