What's new

New GFX-Card HELP!!

darton1

Hello!
Before I got my new Radeon 9600Pro I had worked with a Geforce2 MX. At that time I could work with Project 64. But now with the new card I tried to play with Project 64 but it doesn´t work. I tried all plugins but without success. Can anybody help me? Perhabs another Emu?

OP
D

darton1

Project 64:
Black screen
Plugins: glN64 v0.4.1, sounds/input Jabo
1964:
Too slow, audio slow and bad
Plugins:glN64 v0.4.1., Azimers Audio v0.30, NooTe_Di
Ultrahle:
glide3x.dll cannot be found although it is in the plugin directory
Black screen
Plugins: uhle audio/gfx plugin nrages input
Mupen64:
the seconds controller cannot be played but in the menus it works
with plugin Basic CFB plugin by zilmar: black screen but sound
with glN64: at some games: unknown microcode and then black screen but sound
at supersmashbrothers it works but when you select your player you cannot use the seconds controller

scotty

The Great One
darton1 said:
Project 64:
Black screen
Plugins: glN64 v0.4.1, sounds/input Jabo
1964:
Too slow, audio slow and bad
Plugins:glN64 v0.4.1., Azimers Audio v0.30, NooTe_Di
Ultrahle:
glide3x.dll cannot be found although it is in the plugin directory
Black screen
Plugins: uhle audio/gfx plugin nrages input
Mupen64:
the seconds controller cannot be played but in the menus it works
with plugin Basic CFB plugin by zilmar: black screen but sound
with glN64: at some games: unknown microcode and then black screen but sound
at supersmashbrothers it works but when you select your player you cannot use the seconds controller
Plugins: glN64, N-Rages Input, Basic Audio, Hacktarux RSP

For Project 64: I recommend you use it's default plugins.
For 1964: I recommend that you use Azimers Audio .55.1 alpha or .4 beta 2. .30 isnt my favorite version of that plugin.
For Mupen: The CFB plugin is not good, recommend using another plugin. Mupen is good, but it is slow still, and its core needs to be sped up, its nothing you are doing.

I am not sure about the graphics in new cards as I have not gone through this, but I might soon when I get my new computer, whenever that may be, because it may have a radeon card.

I recommend using Jabos or Rices plugins, glN64 is good, so is Glide, but I think there is a matter of compatibility that makes the difference

OP
D

darton1

What are the default plugins of Project 64?
By Project 64 there is only a black screen nothing else.
Now when I try to start 1964 it brokes down.

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Did you unistalled the nVidia drivers BEFORE installing the ATi Catalyst drivers?

You should have done the following:

1. Remove all nVidia drivers and Shut down. Remove the card or disable it in the BIOS if its an nForce chipset.

2. Install the ATi card and boot Windows. Then, install the latest Catalyst (3.10 as of now) and reboot.

I did that when i replaced my OLD TNT2 for this Radeon 9800 Pro. All emus work flawlessly.

FrOsTy

i have a radeon 9500, i use jabbo's direct6 v1.5 that works near perfect for me (including Speed) that would be the defult video, sound driver: Azimers Audio beta 2. and i think the open gl (which is the gl plugin i'm pritty sure) is no good with radeon cards, direct X is the way to go. also check your radeon drivers that would be most of the problem if there defult.

scotty

The Great One
darton1 said:
What are the default plugins of Project 64?
By Project 64 there is only a black screen nothing else.
Now when I try to start 1964 it brokes down.

the ones that open, they are all Jabos plugins
Edit: oops, forgot to add about 1964:

I recommend that you download Rices Daedalus Plugin 5.1.0d, and I think you can configure it to Radeon cards.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
First, I find that Rice's Daedalus tends to be friendliest toward Radeons, with glN64(); being a close second.

Second, for Glide64, you need Glide3x.dll in the emulator directory, not with the plugins.

OP
D

darton1

When I try to use Jabos Plugin with Project 64 there is the message:
Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0
I have done that what neoak has written

Then I try Project 64 again with Daedalus Plugin:
With OpenGL: only a black screen FPS go down.
With DirectX: message: Can not initialize DX8, check your Direct settings.
I have installed DX9

scotty

The Great One
I am surprised that Jabos plugin doesnt detect the radeon card, but then again i wouldnt know since I do not have a Radeon card (I might soon)

FrOsTy

it's your grapics card because other people can get it to work, so update to the latest drivers download them agin

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
A powercolour card? Hmm... that COULD be the problem. PC's cards have always been pretty dodgy. Is probably why they tend to be so cheap. >_>

Try uninstalling Catalyst 3.10, reinstalling your motherboard's AGP driver, (re)installing DX9.0b, and then re-downloading and installing Catalyst 3.10 again.

OP
D

darton1

Result

I HAVE THE RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Under WinXP at the compatibility you must set Win98 then it runs!

FrOsTy

lol, that ACTUALLY works? i only found it usfull for resident evil 2 on computer, i don't know why the botherd with it really