What's new

New Dolphin user, would be very grateful for some advise

Fyraji

Hello all.

I downloaded Dolphin today, so it´s fair to say I´m an absolute novice to the software. I´ve be longing the relive the games of my childhood and early teens, and now I thought I´d get the chance.

First I downloaded the latest 32bit version on the official webpage.

It seems I wasn´t able to use this version, because every time I tried to open The legend of Zelda, Collectors edition the program suffered a grey screen and a clearing cach crash ( I don´t know how to fix this. Do you?).

I got the idea of downloading an older version of the program, and I did, version 2.0.

The problem is that when I try to play Zelda:ce on the 2.0, I get as far as to when the actual game is supposed to start, but instead of starting, the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Is the 2.0 to old to play the collectors edition?

My computer has a 4 GB RAM,a ATI Radeon 3470 graphics card and runs on Windows Vista. Is it the machine too poor?

Any answer, advise or help would be much appreciated.

Sincere Regards, thank you. :bounce:

Toasty

Sony battery
As a general rule, the newer builds are superior to older ones. Quite a bit of progress have been made since version 2.0. Not sure how good support for the Zelda Collector's Edition games are right now. Those are particularly complicated to get working, because they actually run the N64 ROM on an (imperfect) emulator that Nintendo wrote for Gamecube. So if you run that in Dolphin, you're basically running an N64 ROM inside of an N64 emulator inside of a Gamecube emulator on your PC. In this case, it would make more sense to extract the N64 ROMs from the disc and run them on an N64 emulator. Otherwise you're running the game through two emulators simultaneously, compounding their flaws.

OP
F

Fyraji

Thank you, I understand what you´re saying about compounding possible errors.

How about my computer, is it good enough to run Dolphin adequately?

It has 4GB Ram and ATI Radeon 3470 graphics, with Windows Vista.

The HD3470 is a really weak video card, you won't be able to run games at high internal resolutions or use AA, but that card will work fine otherwise. Games will look really bad, but it will work.

You left out the most important spec, your CPU. Judging by the rest of your specs, you're going to need a faster processor, too. Basically you're going to need an entire new PC if you want games to look good and play at acceptable speeds. Post your CPU info anyway.

As far as Zelda Collectors, you shouldn't even bother with it on Dolphin, just play the game on PJ64 or other N64 emulator.

Last edited: