What's new

Need help with Shadows of the Empire

splodem

I have project 64, and I'm playing Shadows of the Empire, but the game runs too fast. I have an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 card BTW. Anyway I can change the FPS for this game, because WWF NO Mercy runs fine? I also had "Limit FPS" checked off, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Thanks for any help.

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Hi splodem, here is the best combo of Emulator/plug-ins/configurations

Also get the latest cheat codes for it HERE.

Code:
[I][U]Emulator:[/U][/I]
PJ64 v1.6 

[I][U]Video Plug-In:[/U][/I]

[URL="http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/files/Glide64_WonderPlus.zip"][B][U]Glid64 v0.8 Wonder Plus Hacktarus's [/U][/B][/URL]

[I][U]Video Plugin configuration:[/U][/I]
Click on the button "Wrapper" & set your resolution to get the fullscreen at your resolution.

[I][U]In Config page:[/U][/I]
Autodetect Microcode: Check
Resolution: yours 

[I][U]In Sceen info Page:[/U][/I]
FPS counter: Uncheck
VI/s counter: Uncheck
FPS transparent: Check

[I][U]Audio Plug-In:[/U][/I]

[URL="http://www.emutalk.net/attachments/apollo/24558-audio-v0-56-wip2-download-feedback-azimer-audio-v0.56-wip-2.zip?d=1115608011"][B][U]Azimer's HLE v0.56 WIP 2[/U][/B][/URL] 

[I][U]Audio Plugin configuration:[/U][/I]
Uncheck Emulate/Simulate AI 

[I][U]Audio Comment:[/U][/I]
Sound doesn't seem to stutter between cut scenes or stages as much with this unchecked.

[I][U]RSP Plug-In:[/U][/I]
RSP Emulation Plugin Made by Jabo and Zilmar(it comes with PJ64)

Have Fun!

OP
S

splodem

I don't see this "wrapper" button, and most of those configurations you said to change aren't even there.

I downloaded the first link you gave me. Where do I go from there? Do I have to move some files around? Thanks!

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Lets start by acquiring the rights Plug-Ins.

Download this video plug-ins & unzipped it into your plugins folder, the plugins folder is in your PJ64 directory.
Glid64 v0.8 Wonder Plus Hacktarus's

Then, download this audio plugin & unzipped it in the plugins folder, the plugins folder is in your PJ64 directory.
Azimer's HLE v0.56 WIP 2

1: 1st, you'll need to choose the Video Plug-Ins & the Audio Plug-Ins, they are both Located in the setting option right here.
1setting4sq.png

2: Then a wondow box will appear, choose the video plug-ins 1st & choose Glide 64 Wonder Plus like this:
2videochoose0ct.png

3: Now do the same but for the Audio Plug-Ins, choose Azimer's HLE v0.56 WIP 2.
3audiochoose5mu.png

Now that you've set the wanted Plug-Ins, lets configured them shall we.

Use the settings which i've given you in my previous message post above.

4: The video Plug-ins setting is right here:
4videoplugin9hc.png

5: Then this Window will appear, apply the settings. The Config page & the On Screen Info page are on the top left. Also i've marked where the Wrapper Button is:
6videowrapperbutton6mj.png

6: Lets do the audio:
5audioplugin3mr.png

7: This window will appear, Uncheck this:
7audiosetting8hd.png

Now your all set :santa:

Good Luck & Have Fun!

OP
S

splodem

Thanks for all of your help, but I'm still having a problem.

The audio plugin worked. When I unzipped the other file, and placed the files into my plugin folder, this is the message I get whenever I click on the setting button:

"This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem."

I tried downloading it again and putting that file into plugins, but still the same result. That file is right there in plugins, so I don't know why it's saying it can't find it.

OP
S

splodem

I think I got it. I placed the glie3x.dll file into the main file folder, and it didn't give me that message. Let's hope it works. if so, thanks for all of your help!

OP
S

splodem

I don't know what happened, but the first time I ran it, the game was perfect, now the game is extremely choppy, and even the frame itself seems to be choppy when I move it around. I didn't change any seetings. Any suggestions?

OP
S

splodem

Ok, I'm checking it out again. At the "press start" screen, and when you choose your save, the game is choppy. Once I'm actually flying around though, the game runs fine, but the audio is choppy. It seems to happen when there is too much going on on the screen.

Last edited:

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Did you unchecked the "Emulate/Simulate AI" in the Audio Setting?

Old PC will experiences some slow down on Screen Menus/Messages from the game. They are minor slow down, they important thing is you can play with cheats.

If you don't planned to use Cheats, there is anothere Combo of Emu/Plugins/Settings for Old PC, in which you'll not experiences some slow down on Screen Menus/Messages from the game.

Code:
[I][U]Best Combo To Play without Cheats:[/U][/I]

[I]Emulator:[/I]
[URL="http://mupen64.emulation64.com/"][B][U]Mupen64 v0.5.1[/U][/B][/URL]

[I][U]Video:[/U][/I]
[URL="http://www.emutalk.net/attachments/graphic-plugins-archive/20710-rice-video-5-9-9-ricevideo599.rar?d=1104131548"][B][U]Rice's Video v5.9.9 [/U][/B][/URL]

[I][U]Audio:[/U][/I] 
Azimer's HLE v0.56 WIP 2(you already have it)

[I][U]RSP:[/U][/I]
[URL="http://www.bloghotel.org/uploads/FurioKotor_rsp_mupen64_hle_azimer.zip"][B][U]Azimer hle rsp plugin[/U][/B][/URL] 

[I][U]APPLY THOSE SETTINGS:[/U][/I]

[I][U]Video Plugin configuration:[/U][/I]
Frame Update at: At CI change 
N64 Frame Buffer: Basic Framebuffer 
Rendering to Texture: Hide Render-to-texture Effects 
[I][U]Comment:[/U][/I]
Less graphics errors and a bit smoother. 

[I][U]Audio Plugin configuration:[/U][/I]
Uncheck Emulate/Simulate AI 
[I][U]Comment:[/U][/I]
Sound doesn't seem to stutter between cut scenes
or stages as much with this unchecked.

Good Luck & Have Fun!

OP
S

splodem

That;s the thing. My computer isn't old. I bought it about 7 or 8 months ago, and it plays pretty much any game that's out right now, no problem. I did uncheck that option like you said. I'll give those downloads a try. Thanks for all of your help.

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
7/8months is old in the PC business, but i get what you mean.

Can you give me an FPS count when In Menus & when game play please, i'll try to locate precisely your problem.

To get the FPS Counts, check the on screen FPS in the On Screen Info Page, in the video plug-in options(pics #5 in one of my previous posts above).

Ryukai

I can't got the azimer audio plugin working by placing the .dll file in my plugins directories but the glide64 video plugin doesn't seem to work. It says "This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem." just like for splodem but I can't seem to get it working. Someone help please!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
That's because your video card doesn't natively support Glide, which is the only API that Glide64 uses. You need a Glide wrapper that emulates Glide's calls and functions through Glide3x.dll and the wrapper itself.

Ryukai

Agozer said:
That's because your video card doesn't natively support Glide, which is the only API that Glide64 uses. You need a Glide wrapper that emulates Glide's calls and functions through Glide3x.dll and the wrapper itself.
Is it called "Hacktarux's glide3x wrapper v 0.5" if so I have that. Do you know what to do next so it will work?

Agozer

Ryukai said:
Is it called "Hacktarux's glide3x wrapper v 0.5" if so I have that. Do you know what to do next so it will work?
Make sure that Glide3x.dll is either in \Windows\System32 or in PJ64's directory.

Ryukai

Agozer said:
Make sure that Glide3x.dll is either in \Windows\System32 or in PJ64's directory.
The plugins directory or the project 64 folder, in the mean time I think I'll fool around with it and see if it'll work.

Ryukai

Agozer said:
I put both the glide64 plugin .dll file and the glide64 wrapper dll. file in the project 64 plugins folder but it doesn't seem to work, I just get the same messager pop up.

Agozer

Ryukai said:
I put both the glide64 plugin .dll file and the glide64 wrapper dll. file in the project 64 plugins folder but it doesn't seem to work, I just get the same messager pop up.
Do not put the Glide3x.dll file in the plugins folder. Put in the folder which has the PJ64 excutable.

Ryukai

I put both the gilde64 .dll file and the glide64 wrapper .dll file in my project 64 plugins folder but it still doesn't work. I even tried just putting the glide64 wrapper .dll file in by itself and vice versa with the glide64 .dll file.