What's new

N64/PSX Usb Adapter problems?

GrnDrgnJim

I just recently purchased the N64/PSX Usb Adapter from Jandaman's game imports and when I try to use my basic grey N64 controler it freaks out, all the buttons and joystick readouts go haywire. Does anyone know where I can get drivers or support for this device. My computer has the following:

- Windows XP Pro
- USB 1.1

Thanks for any help!

-Jim

Allnatural

I've seen this issue before. My controller works fine. My brother's on the other hand... One of his controllers works, and the other does the same thing you're describing. My guess is that the adapter is extemely sensitive to minor problems with your gamepad, problems that go unnoticed when using it with your console. I doubt that it's driver related. Besides, WinXP already contains the necessary drivers.

OP
G

GrnDrgnJim

When you look at the description the joystick menu gives you does it say: 4 Axis 16 Button Joystick?

Also what color controler are you using and what color controler is your brothers?

-Jim

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
sounds like my boom adaptor, works pretty well in xp, but when i play DDR with it, its a bit messed, also controller configs can say that your holding a button when your not.

Any official drivers for xp?

Allnatural

GrnDrgnJim said:
When you look at the description the joystick menu gives you does it say: 4 Axis 16 Button Joystick?

Also what color controler are you using and what color controler is your brothers?

-Jim
Yes, we're using the same adapter. I don't think the color matters, but I'm using an atomic green pad that works fine. My brother has a black pad that works, but his grey pad does not.

OP
G

GrnDrgnJim

To: Allnatural

Ok, that sounds like the reason my controler is not working, I too am using the grey controler. I am going to purchase an Interact Power Pad and see if that helps.

Your controlers are all Nintendo produced right? Or are they by different manufacturers?

-Jim