What's new

N64 On Pocket PC's?!?!

IM0001

With the new 3D chip that pda's like the Dell Axim x50v have and the speed they run at is it a possiblilty we will see a N64 Emu for PDA's in the future? Would be pretty sweet if it happens. heck i played Ultra hle on a p2 266 with a 16mb voodoo banchee. Why not on a intel Xscale 624mhz with a 16mb intel 3d chip
icon10.gif

Stezo2k

S-2K
well yeah it is possible, but are people willing to port emulators is the question

plus there aint many emus that would work full speed at 624MHz, UltraHLE should be fine, but i can see everything else struggling

Greywolf67

IM0001 said:
With the new 3D chip that pda's like the Dell Axim x50v have and the speed they run at is it a possiblilty we will see a N64 Emu for PDA's in the future? Would be pretty sweet if it happens. heck i played Ultra hle on a p2 266 with a 16mb voodoo banchee. Why not on a intel Xscale 624mhz with a 16mb intel 3d chip
icon10.gif

As Stezo2k said, the people have to port it. It is by no means an easy task.

The speeds of the current crop of emu's are by far better then what was available, heck now they are up to PS1 games on Pocket PC.

The one major set back to any emu on pocket PC is buttons, both lay out and availabilty to map them. If you look at my sig, it shows my Toshiba e400. It has lots of Ram and a 300 Mhz chip, but the buttons are clumped together.

Now with the PS1 Emu, the research is on for the use of a controler pluged into the com port.

What will drive the Pocket Emu community to port and put in the brain power is if a hardware company will bring out simple plug in controlers like they have for palm based units ( which is stupid as Palm's just outright suck )
gamepad3.jpg

OP
I

IM0001

totally agree about palm devices lol. Ya the port may be hard but i was planning to get an attachable keyboard (when they make one for the x50 heh) to use like i do on my home pc. That would work fine for buttons i would think. If you didnt have one well then it would be hard unless they make controlers to plug into the port. Oh well only time will tell.

Greywolf67

IM0001 said:
totally agree about palm devices lol. Ya the port may be hard but i was planning to get an attachable keyboard (when they make one for the x50 heh) to use like i do on my home pc. That would work fine for buttons i would think. If you didnt have one well then it would be hard unless they make controlers to plug into the port. Oh well only time will tell.

Dang I should Google more before I open my mouth

zeta.jpg

zeta4350.jpg

It's called Zeta Gamepad

http://www.pocketpctools.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid2=671

foogy

is that game-pad on the touch screen any good? does it get hard to play or slow to respond?

Greywolf67

foogy said:
is that game-pad on the touch screen any good? does it get hard to play or slow to respond?

On my PPC it can cause game stutter, but then again I have obly used it rarely because I don't like the idea of putting my fingers on the screen.

I don't think it has the same affect on faster PDA's 400 Mhz and up.

OP
I

IM0001

IT doesnt work well. at least on my Dell Axim x50v it only registers 1 button at a time. The normal buttons on the pda work well though. Still im getting an attachable keyboard when i get the chance. (though do bluetooth keyboards have any lag? if not then i might nab one of thems.