What's new

N64 emulation and Linux

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
someday I will have less question, hehe.

I am thinking of switching back to Linux full time (I hate to dual boot). My main reason I went to Windows a few years ago was games. Now all of the games I play are working under Linux (native or WineX support) and even newer games are coming out with Linux support (ie. UT2k3).

My quesiton is, are there any N64 emulators that work well with WineX?

I understand that Mupen64 is quite good for Linux, but lacks due to plugin support under Linux.

any insights are, as always, greatly appreciated.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Curious if you have tried or know of someone who has?

Transgaming list PJ64 as a "1", basically not usuable at all and 1964 did not make thier list at all.

Of course I guess I could just try it for myself, hehe, and quit bothering everyone.

Matata

Novato Experimentado
What´s WineX? Where can I download it? Sorry for reviving an old thread but I´m thinking to switching to Linux and it Would be cool if I can still use 1964...

Zilla

夢を見られた
1964 works well under wineX, only none of Jabo's plugins work, and I haven't managed to get any sound plugins working satisfactorily at all, sound is either heavily garbled or missing. You also need to use Orkin's gln64 for gfx. This is under version 3.2.1.
Also pj64 1.5 sp1 fails for me.

It plays game like GTA: Vice city VERY well though. :)

WineX is made by a company called Transgaming, using large portions of code from the Wine (Wine-is-not-an-emulator) project. You need to pay for it. http://www.transgaming.com

Mupen64 is the best linux-native emu around.