What's new

N64 Control Support: Analog and Rumble

VNBIOS12

Okay I know you get this all the time. But I've been trying to use my project 64 with a real N64 controller. I am currently using this to enable playback between my Project 64 and my N64 Controller.

http://www.4triangles.com/catalog/n64-to-usb-adapter-nintendo-64-to-pc-p-28.html

Currently Using: Project 64. V 1.6

I have two problems

1) Everything works fine, but the analog stick. For example when I'm playing a game the emulator will see it , but only allows me to move left, right or back but not forward. And its movement with the analog stick causes the characters to move very slowly.

2)I also have a rumble pack attached to it. But no matter what I do I can't get the control to rumble. I tried it in Star Fox without any anvil.

Solutions?

Also pic of N64 to USB

1021935zd6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
V

VNBIOS12

calibrate the control.

Explain?

Also the converter doesn't come with software. All you have to do is just plug it in to a USB and you're good to go.

I'm currently using the D-Pad to play but I have desperately wished to play with the analog stick.

Using: Jabo DirectInput

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
1. Go into control panel and find the Game Controllers dialog. In the list should be something like "Boom PSX/N64 to USB Box," mine isn't connected right now so I couldn't tell you. Calibrate in there by following the directions.

2. That adaptor will not support rumble. Period. In fact, you're lucky to have a controller that works with the damn thing.

OP
V

VNBIOS12

1. Go into control panel and find the Game Controllers dialog. In the list should be something like "Boom PSX/N64 to USB Box," mine isn't connected right now so I couldn't tell you. Calibrate in there by following the directions.

2. That adaptor will not support rumble. Period. In fact, you're lucky to have a controller that works with the damn thing.

Thank p_025 the analog stick now function correctly. :) and thanks for telling me the limitation of my controller. I guess I can keep my fingers crossed that Project64 V 1.7 will have feedback support regardless of what controller and or adapter you use.

Thanks again p_025

Allnatural

I guess I can keep my fingers crossed that Project64 V 1.7 will have feedback support regardless of what controller and or adapter you use.
Don't bother. It's a limitation of the adapter; it has nothing to do with PJ64.