What's new

my pc restarts it's self every time i play an64 game in 1964.0.85!

M

mainframe19

the last time it happen i had to reinstall windows98!!!
when running in winxp pro, it will just restart my pc after i have been playing a n64 game in 1964085.whats going on???

i have dx8 on both of them and upto date nvidia geforce drivers.it last happen in banjo-tooie us ,and than mario kart64 us , starfox64 us, all good dumps! these were all run on a amd duron 750mhz cpu.with 512mb of sdram.

any help whould be nice.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Make sure you aren't overclocking your processor. Also make sure that your pc fans are working correctly or your pc will overheat causing it to restart.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Suggest you to try different video plugins if you were using my plugin. And I guess the problem is not 1964 problem, but happens to all emulators.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Are you also positive that it only happens when you are running 1964?

I ask only cause the RPC virus is still very much alive and kicking in the wild. Saw your sig and noted that you like to hang out around Kazaa. Public networks like that make you just a little more susceptible to viruses in general since your easier to find.

Anyway just something to check, just in case.

ferbe

LazerTag said:
Are you also positive that it only happens when you are running 1964?

I ask only cause the RPC virus is still very much alive and kicking in the wild. Saw your sig and noted that you like to hang out around Kazaa. Public networks like that make you just a little more susceptible to viruses in general since your easier to find.

Anyway just something to check, just in case.
The RPC-based viruses don't attack Windows 98, only NT based systems.

dnrobs

as side note if p2p applications such as kazaa are going to install parasites into my registry i wish they could be programmed better.
im sick and tired of my pc hanging upon shutdown.f off ezula

cont on page 202

Last edited:

jollyrancher

Make sure you aren't overclocking your processor. Also make sure that your pc fans are working correctly or your pc will overheat causing it to restart.

I agree that overheating is the most likely cause of the computer restarting... the thermal protection scheme in the bios kicks in and it shuts down or restarts. Viruses and driver errors usually just lock it up... although that recent virus did cause computers to restart.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Knowing this guy, he probably put a piece of tin foil on the cpu expecting it to stay cool. Another one of his "crazy" ideas. :plain:

loleoc

Have you connected a stabilizer? I have one and sometimes my pc restarts, when my mother connects the vacuum cleaner!!