What's new

my fps is always slow. please help

kungfookoopa

is this because my graphics card isnt good enough? please help i really wanna play all the original games. and it can get very frustrating when it starts to lag up, it does it throughout the whole game. i would appreciate it very much if someone helped me out. thank you.

KungFooKoopa

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
is this because my graphics card isnt good enough? please help i really wanna play all the original games. and it can get very frustrating when it starts to lag up, it does it throughout the whole game. i would appreciate it very much if someone helped me out. thank you.

KungFooKoopa

Likely because your processor is not at least 700 Mhz. (that's a pretty minimum requirement)

The feeling I get with games below:
(From my experiences.)
(Goldeneye tends to be slow in spots, even with fast processors.)
(You can run at less than the processor frequencies I mention, but prepare for slowdowns!)
Most games run with at least about 90 percent speed at 900 Mhz.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is OK with 900 Mhz.

Perfect Dark should run fine at 1.3 Ghz.

Goldeneye is the hardest one. (at least 2.6 Ghz if you want to play with zero lag!)

(And 2.2 Ghz is fine for many parts of Goldeneye)

(I recommend 1964 for Goldeneye. Then you may be able to get away with 2.0 Ghz)

Last edited:

the master 123

For a processor of same design or close to it(pentium 4 1.7 or pentium 4 2.8 for example) this clock speed idea mention by RJARRRPCGP is relatively if it his has a pentium 4. However, if he had a different cpu this could change easy. For example my laptop cpu running a normal clock(spec in sig) could outperform pentium 4 up to 2.8-3.2 (program depend though). My desktop with the i3 force to it lowest speedstep state(windows 7 power management function) which force it around 1.2-1.3 could outperform my laptop . The atom n270 can't even outperform my laptop cpu at 1gh(I have a netbook also ). If you would questioning my single thread statement single thread software doesn't benefit from a 2 or more cores or ht(in the case of the i3 and atom). All example are of single threaded programs as of project 64 and all(to my knowledge) other n64 emulator are single threaded.

A gpu limit can in extreme case(mostly with older card) limit you performace as the card may not be able to use all the function that emulator use and force it on the cpu causing performance lost.

It is possible that use a program like fraps also with will show the n64 real frame per minute and few n64 game had constant 60fps.

As for suggestion for the person who wrote this(if he post again) if you use fraps don't use that for reference use the project 64 fps on the bottom that should be 60. If not try use the direct 6 plug-in or if that don't work look into a different plug-in or something like corn which is much faster however much more limited in the compatibility