What's new

MVC2 loads from bootable CD, not image

RazzilDazzyl

*PROBLEM SOLVED*MVC2 loads from bootable CD, not image

This is my first post, but I have seriously been looking EVERYWHERE for this answer, but nothing helps.
I have a bootable cd of mvc2 which chankast 0.25 runs. It runs nicely, except for slowdowns when reading from the cd. I have tried many different ways of running it off the HD, but nothing works.

The game is already bootable. iso images (like data.iso created by fastboot) simply make the Audio CD player come up when trying to run game. If I simply run b2b_nohack (fastboot) on the original files, the game loops into the bios menu over and over. If I try hacking 1st_read and ip, then running b2b_game, it never gets past the sega logo screen. Ive tried ip.bin found on this site, and many combinations of everything I have said here. But its either the sega logo screen, or bios menu after sega logo screen. Any ideas, or 1st_read.bin files I could get?

BTW, I use DAEMON 3.29. alcohol 120% or the newer daemon dont create a readable virtual drive.

Thank you

*USED DISCJUGGLER v.3.5 TO BURN CDI IMAGE WITH ALL "FACTORY SETTINGS" INTACT... GAME RUNS OFF HARD DRIVE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Last edited:

BarMan

Proud Chankast Donater
Try using Discjugglar to make the image, back in the day it was the only program to REALLY do DC images correctly

OP
R

RazzilDazzyl

Ok I tried making some images with discjuggler, but all I get is chankast thinking its an audio cd. The settings are so complicated, is there a special way I have to configure it?

feartetsuo

I am having the same problem too. I put in new music into my MVC2 and used Bin2Boot to make it selfboot. It selfboots on my dreamcast, but when i try to use it with chankast all i get it the audio CD logo too.

OP
R

RazzilDazzyl

But funny thing is that on mine, chankast will boot it directly off the cd-rom just like the dreamcast. But not off any images ive tried (and my God ive tried so many)

OP
R

RazzilDazzyl

Problem Solved!!! Scroll To First Post To Read!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

OP
R

RazzilDazzyl

Apparently, when the virtual CD icon in "My Computer" (winXP) has a plus sign and a musical note drawn on it, it is the correct format. The newer DiscJuggler and other burning software gives me an icon that is only a CD with "CD-ROM" written on it in small letters.

feartetsuo

So did you make your game selfboot, then burn it to a CD, then use disc juggler to make a image file from your selfboot CD?

spaffdog

discjuggler is an absolute bitch.

use alcohol. it's the fastest program for reading images on the HD. i used to still lag (sorry i play rtcw - best phrase i can think of) whenever thinngs got busy. i switched to alcohol and everything runs great.

OP
R

RazzilDazzyl

feartetsuo said:
So did you make your game selfboot, then burn it to a CD, then use disc juggler to make a image file from your selfboot CD?

No, It was taken from a self-bootable MVC2 cd-rom that booted in the DC (don't know how it was made self-bootable). It also boots directly in chankast, but I didnt make the cd-rom, so I dont know before that. I just made an image of it using DiscJuggler 3.5

OP
R

RazzilDazzyl

Spaffdog, I just used Alcohol 120% and its the same. Is there anything I have to do to avoid those slowdowns? I ran Metropolis Street Racer on the emulator, and it runs 100% perfectly with graphics better than the console. It has something to do with those sprites that mvc2 uses... the more on the screen, the more it slows down.