What's new

MvC2 Help - 'Press Start Button' - nothing happens?

wonkinated

My problem is that after the dreamcast logo, it goes to sega logo then a blue screen saying 'press start button' which switches back and forth with 'a memory card is not inserted. a memory card of blah blah must be used else can't save game yada yada'. I've configured my keys already using keyboard [both the one with the dc controller picture and the black screen with the green/yellow]. Nothing happens when i press that 'start' button, screen just keeps switching back and forth. The program hasn't frozen cause i can still use the tab menu.

d/l the mvc2 with the most seeds so i doubt its a dude, i d/l the bios already as well. d/l daemon tools v3.29. the cdrom plugin im using is 'cdrom interface xxx' and the input plugin im using is 'input interface xxx' with no peripherals connected.

comp specs - p4 2.4ghz, 1gb ram, 64mb radeon

Last edited:

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
you need to turn on the capcom hack and please iedit your post where you got the bios and roms from or you will get banned

OP
W

wonkinated

sorry! my bad, just thought it'd help - edited now =)

i've tried turning on the capcom hack, just makes the memorycard/press start button screen switch back and forth faster. i've also tried deleting the chankast.cfg file as recommended on another post with the same problem, but no luck =(