What's new

Mupen64k 0.7.9 Online Help: Glitchy, skewed and buffering images?

hydroswirl

Ok, so I recently started playing Mupen64k online. Only there's a few problems. Some are much more noticeable on certain games. On Mario Kart 64, les say, in between courses, instead of the background being black, it's white or yellow, and at the title screen, there seems to be an odd stretch of the text under "Press Start."

Now, in Mario Party 3 (this is where its most effected). The text is tretched a taddownward, some of the characters and objects vanish and re-apaear every half a second. It's really messed up. It happens to both me and the person I'm playing with.

Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it? :(

mudlord

Banned
Hello there.

I am the developer of the video plugin build bundled with Mupen64.

I am current acquiring Visual Studio .NET 2003, which is the original compiler Rice (the original developer) used when compiling the plugin. I'm hoping in the next few days to recompile that particular plugin build to see if it fixes the glitches. Hopefully it should.

GE Master

Overall, you should be using Jabo's 3D8 which is the best on most PC's. Try that and then post back. Rice's plugin and mudlords work is great also, but the problem is that there are 1,000,000 different possible config's settings. For the average person this is an uphill battle. Think of Jabo's as more user friendly. Now, if there was a game specific Rice plugin....no fiddling required? I would hold tight for mudlords next release but try Jabo 3d8 until then.

http://www.GoldenEyeOnline.com

mudlord

Banned
Okay hydroswirl,

I have fixed those glitches you mentioned. The z problems in MK64, SM64 and possiblly loads others have now being fixed. :) Which means, emulation quality, is now exactly the same as Rice's last plugin. I also managed to make the plugin smaller too, with zero problems so far with my testing.

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Thank you for the information, when I get the new builds of the plugin I will update my site.