What's new

mupen64 works mupen64_nogui crashes

edmuntimberlane

mupen64 works great, but when I try to use mupen64_nogui i get this:

Selected Plugins: 1 - TR64 OpenGL v0.7.8, 2 - JttL's SDL plugin 1.3, 3 - glN64 v0.4.1, 1 - Hacktarux/Azimer hle rsp plugin
[blight's SDL input plugin]: version 0.0.10 initialized.

(process:21451): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2254: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:21451): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2254: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:21451): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(process:21451): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(process:21451): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(process:21451): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

OP
E

edmuntimberlane

Fixed those errors by configuring for single user and recompiling. But now I have another problem. If I run mupen or mupen_nogui in any directory other than the
source directory it does a 'segmentation fault'

OP
E

edmuntimberlane

I got the program reconfigured for my preferences, and I played a game for awhile through the 'nogui', after quitting and trying to play a second time it has gone back to the original error message.

This emulator seems to be fairly buggy, but when it works it works well.

OP
E

edmuntimberlane

Also with some testing I have narrowed down all the different problems I have been having to the way mepu64 and the plugins work together.

OP
E

edmuntimberlane

I have mupen64 and mupen64_nogui working properly now. I did some research on the GTK error I was recieving. Here is what I've found:

mupen64 runs perfect with any plugin if I run the gui. If I run mupen64_nogui it crashes with the above GTK error. That error is caused by using GTK code without properly initializing it. I found that none of the SDL plugins cause the error, because they do not use GTK. But I did find that some of the video plugins do. The Generic Software renderer and Rice's do not, but the rest seem to. My hunch is that the plugins that cause the crashing work fine in GUI mode because the GUI initializes GTK, but they crash when mupen64_nogui is ran because it does not initialize GTK.

Any feedback on this?