What's new

Mupen plays like Moussaka!!!

A.I.

Banned
I'm experiencing some weird problems with Glide64 Wonderplus++ with Hacktarux's wrapper using Mupen. After a few minutes playing Perfect Dark the game suddenly freezes and I get this error: framebuffer FRAMEBUFFER_MISSING_ATTACHMENT.

The funny thing is although I'm getting the Corona FX, I'm missing the blur FX that I normally get using Jabo Direct 3D8. Another weird glitch is the bots and all items flash blue - is that effect meant to be in the game?

I've passed the GL test, I got a Nivida 7600 GS 256MB, 1 GIG RAM, all drivers updated and dll's are in correct folders so why am I getting this error? (Check my profile for other details)

Also, another weird thing is when I close Mupen I can still hear the game running in the background. I have to close it with task manager. Is that normal?

BTW I had to get people's attention somehow; hence the title.

mudlord

Banned
Corona/lens flare emulation is done by the plugin in software, so its completely unaffected by hardware framebuffer usage (which is used for the motion blur if HWFBE is used).

AFAIK, the flashing bots are a normal effect, and its one of the things Gonetz fixed purely in the plugin. Its just other plugins don't emulate this due to incorrect emulation of the required combiner/blender mode.

I noticed that other issue too with the closing problem that occurs for me sometimes. I don't know whether this is the emulator, the plugin, the wrapper or a combination of the three.

As for the original issue, usually that error occurs when there's not enough texture memory, or for some reason the texture buffer overflows when large amounts of textures are added at the same time (often playing in hi-resolutions results in huge amounts of RAM being taken, due to the increased size of the textures)...But it sounds very strange that the error occurs on your video card (which well exceeds the requirements)....

Clements

The funny thing is although I'm getting the Corona FX, I'm missing the blur FX that I normally get using Jabo Direct 3D8. Another weird glitch is the bots and all items flash blue - is that effect meant to be in the game?

Disable the player and pickup highlights from the Combat Simulator menu.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
I'm experiencing some weird problems with Glide64 Wonderplus++ with Hacktarux's wrapper using Mupen. After a few minutes playing Perfect Dark the game suddenly freezes and I get this error: framebuffer FRAMEBUFFER_MISSING_ATTACHMENT.
Is it replicable error, or it just happend once?

Last edited:
OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
Is it replicable error, or it just happend once?

O.K. I done a bit more testing and I'm getting some weird results. I'm no longer getting that error anymore, but now Perfect Dark will no longer play in Mupen properly or 1964 with HWFBE enabled, well sometimes it does but it usually crashes to the point it no longer plays, if that makes any sense.

PJ 1.6 is the only emulator now that seems to play it alright, however it will eventually crash. I checked Cacheman, a memory optimizer and watched with incredulation my RAM rapidly deplete! When there's around 250 Mb of free RAM left (70%) it crashes! I don't have any other programs running and resolution is 640X480 and anti is off, which buys me a little time but as I said eventually my RAM runs out! Why the hell does it do that?

And yet if I use Jabo Direct 3D8 1.6 I can have full resolution and anti to the max with very little slowdown and my RAM usage stays stable! I know Glide uses alot of RAM but surely not to the extent it sucks it all up like a hungry hippo!

Another funny thing is other games like Mickey's Speedway with HWFBE enabled (using Glide) doesn't have this problem so maybe it's just an issue with Perfect Dark, I don't know.

BTW the ROM is Perfect Dark (U) V1.1.