What's new

MSN Messenger Webcam problem

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Well I don't own a webcam... but I was able too see other people with MSN when they send me a webcam invitation... but since a few a days ago I can`t... What can it be, I have no idea?

Remote

If you are using a fw you aren't letting messenger connect to the correct ports, there are about 12 or so you need to open.. The fault could be with the inviter too though...

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I'm not using Norton or any kind of firewall... what could it be?

Remote

It's probaly the inviter that has changes something, probaly not the correct open port range on "her" computer ;-)

See if he / she can send files / pictures?

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
If it's only one person then try others and see if it works with them. If it does, then it's not your side's fault.

Did you change any settings? Install any programs?

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
UPDATE : I have made some tests with diffents laptops using the same connection here at home and I have the same problem... The problems seems then my Internet connection, but what could it be?

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I don't understand (network newbie) what is a router? I just have a ISDN connection at home...

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
t0rek said:
I don't understand (network newbie) what is a router? I just have a ISDN connection at home...
a router is a hardware device that lets you share your internet connection between multiple computers.

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I'm not behind a router... in fact there's only one PC at home...