What's new

More details about FFXI

Eagle

aka Alshain
I don't think they could revive Aries in Japan. I think that was a rumor. I could be wrong though. Have you played the Japanese version to find out?

Eagle

aka Alshain
Actually, I think the rumor was not that the Japan version had the ability to revive Aries, but that a pre-release of the japanese version had it, but nobody outside Squaresoft ever saw it. The rumor started when an email from one of the writers was submitted to various websites that said they were removing the ability to revive her. After that various online petitions ensued for them to put it back in before they released it in the USA. However, its likely that the original e-mail was a hoax as well since Squaresoft employees are most likely under confidentiallity contracts. In all likelyhood, there was never a plan to have Aries revived at all.

OP
blizz

blizz

it would kind of made that entire scene redundant if you could revive her unless it was actually written into the plot

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well that was the rumor blizz, It was supposedly written into the plot. The deal was that you would first have to help the guy in the pipe in midgar with some sort of medicine, then you would have to hope that it was Aries that you went on a date with at the gold saucer. Finally, on the third cd, you would need to get the key to midgar and go back to the church in the slums, which would then give you the ability to ask her to join you again and something like that. Anyway, supposedly the key was removed that would allow you to help the guy in the pipe and Cloud would merely say "Listen, I'm no doctor." (which he does) And when you go back to the church on the third CD, you'll see a ghost image of Aries, but it fades away to be replaced by the kids taking care of the garden (which it does). However, if you could revive her, it would ruin the ending movies/storyline so I don't see how that could work.

Cyberman

You can by the way HAVE Aeris in your party ANYHOW, there is cheat code you can use to add Aeris back into your party.

I think the death of Aeris is probably one of the best known scenes for all RPG games, it was totally expected and unexpected at the same time. I think it was a cool enhancement to the game.

Now FF7 Online.. what do you think could make such a game work?

Cyb

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah, I think it wouldn't be as good without it. None of the other FF games have done it and they don't compare to FF7.