What's new

MiRC HELP!!!!

Talas

Son of the Sky
Hi there,

I was just trying to connect to my standard server with MiRC and all of a sudden, I never had any problems with the prog, I got this:

efnet.xs4all.nl- *** Banned Temporary K-line 1440 min. - Open Proxy found. Visit the website openrbl.org/lookup?i=217.80.200.16 for info. (2004/3/4 19.28)

I visited that site, but the only info I got was alot of Numbers which I dont understand. Can anyone help? Does this mean anything bad?

2fast4u

it means you are using a proxy server which is considered unsecure by this irc server, so you got k-lined temporarily. ive had this too when on isdn and it pretty much happened with any proxy server. i suggest you try proxy+ (google) .. i think this one worked with l/p settings ... or using a gateway to share your internet connection instead :)

Last edited:
OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
2fast4u said:
it means you are using a proxy server which is considered unsecure by this irc server, so you got k-lined temporarily. ive had this too when on isdn and it pretty much happened with any proxy server. i suggest you try proxy+ (google) .. i think this one worked with l/p settings ... or using a gateway to share your internet connection instead :)

Hm... I didnt know that I ever used a proxy server. Is that all of a sudden standard for T-Online?

2fast4u

Talas said:
Hm... I didnt know that I ever used a proxy server. Is that all of a sudden standard for T-Online?

uhm .. not that i know of. in that case you dont happen to be on a shared connection at all? :huh:

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
2fast4u said:
uhm .. not that i know of. in that case you dont happen to be on a shared connection at all? :huh:

Well I have one connection, but three pcs can use that one. Is that a shared connection? Ok, I guess thats a dumb question. :stupid:

2fast4u

Talas said:
Well I have one connection, but three pcs can use that one. Is that a shared connection? Ok, I guess thats a dumb question. :stupid:

yeah... :p in any case you must be using some kind of internet sharing application, which probably is a proxy server in your case. i think i have outlined your problem and the solution in the first post already.

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
Hm... now it works again, all of a sudden. Ah well, I guess its ok. :)