What's new

Memory leak?

killthegene

One Kool dude
I recently compiled 0.4 from source on my debian unstable box for the first time. I used the configure script and chose to do a multiuser install, and enable avifile recording. The insdtall proceded sucsessfully, however, when i try to start mupen, memory/swap usage spirals upwards so drastically i have to reboot as the system is unusable. ps reveals that hundreds of "mupen64" processes are runing.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
huh... i've never heard about such problems.... is it happening with the precompiled binary too ?

Gladiac0190

killthegene said:
I recently compiled 0.4 from source on my debian unstable box for the first time. I used the configure script and chose to do a multiuser install, and enable avifile recording. The insdtall proceded sucsessfully, however, when i try to start mupen, memory/swap usage spirals upwards so drastically i have to reboot as the system is unusable. ps reveals that hundreds of "mupen64" processes are runing.

I'm also using debian and got some problems with mupen thst could be the same. I used the binary from mupen64.emulation64.com, loaded a dump, started legend of zelda and got a fatal crash filling my ram in seconds (1 i think :D), filling my swap and killing my machine until init 0. I'm using 2.6.11.4 atm.

OP
killthegene

killthegene

One Kool dude
No, the precompiled binary works ok, but this is not optimal for me as i really want a multi-user install (and one optimized for my cpu). Im using 2.6.10-1-k7

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Well, can you try compiling yourself a single user binary and see if it's the problem ? If it's only the multi user thing, at least i'll know where to look at.

OP
killthegene

killthegene

One Kool dude
Right, compiling for a single user makes it work fine, with or without avifile support, so im guessing therres something wrong with the multi-user bit

OP
killthegene

killthegene

One Kool dude
Has any progress been made on this? i realy want to get a multi-user mupen install working.

juwb

Does 'multi-user' mean that every user gets his/her own ~/.mupen64/ directory for save states and the like? In that case, it works fine for me with the mupen64 version that Gentoo compiles for you.

Gentoo applies several patches to the source before compiling, so maybe it's one of them that makes it work?

Magnade

yeah gentoo applys several patchs for plugins and such to behave for multiuser
and mupen itself i think was left alone patch wise but their is a wrapper script
that changes into ~/.mupen64/ and runs ./mupen64 there which solves i guess most problems