What's new

Megaman 64 Problem

megaman_blas

Hi, I need help with Megaman 64.
Whenever I enter the back mountain where that one lady on front of it saying she is there to pick up mushrooms, my game suddenly stops working. Project64 isnt in a lockup state but the screen blacks out and no sound too. Why? If you have Megaman 64, please try it out to see. When the shipped crashed landed, dont go in to town but instead, head toward the mountain. Thanks.

Lutomes

Grand High Emperor
Yeah the same thing happend with me. I'm using a rom too though. It doesn't really matter because I dont think you can get in there in the real megaman 64 anyway.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
press f5 just before it happens then in the save folder, there will be this zipped up file that is the mega man save state.

DvHuman

I have this problem too, just with other parts, like when I go to check out the mines in the Cardon forest. It happens at other parts, but usually I just reload my saved state and it goes the next try, but not this part. ????????

Speyeker

This exact same problem happens to me...I haven't gotten yet to the point where I need to go there, but I'm approaching that point, and I'm scared that I'll have to abandon the entire game and just download the PS version instead, and start over....

Coredo

Nolife
Had the same problem. You just need to keep trying over and over again. Eventually the problem will cease.

Speyeker

Sorry for getting back to this topic so late.

OK, I WOULD send a save state, except that my save got erased! In fact, a few days ago, for some reason, all of my Project 64 save states (both battery and freeze states) mysteriously vanished, so the data for every game I've played is down the crapper. In any case, it doesn't take long at all to get back to the earliest point in the game where said area can be accessed, so I'll get on it ASAP. Expect a save state soon.

Just to clarify, though, should I send a save state of the buggy area itself, or the place right before it so you can see how it connects to the rest of the game? ...Well, I'll send both anyway.

EDIT:Well, I uploaded the two freeze states to Megaupload, and here are the links. If you'd prefer me to send them to you directly, feel free to ask.

Outside broken area (just press down-c to enter): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RX82BGHE
Broken area: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=28JI32XZ

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
ok, i've just tested repeatedly, and the game transitions to the next area without problem. i will try some test scenarios though.

few questions though
are you using any cheats
what plugin are you using.
can you post a screenshot of the rom settings screen for that rom (ALT+PRINTSCRN will capture only the settings window)
are you using the latest RDB?

Lastly, try the NTSC rom (U) instead of the PAL Rom (E)

Speyeker

ok, i've just tested repeatedly, and the game transitions to the next area without problem. i will try some test scenarios though.

few questions though
are you using any cheats
what plugin are you using.
can you post a screenshot of the rom settings screen for that rom (ALT+PRINTSCRN will capture only the settings window)
are you using the latest RDB?

Lastly, try the NTSC rom (U) instead of the PAL Rom (E)

--I am not using any cheats.

--I am using NTSC ROM, because the name of the file (including the extension) is Mega Man 64 (U) [!].v64.

--Also, just letting you now that the version of Project64 I'm using is the most recent complete one: 1.6.

--Here is a screenshot of the ROM settings window:

speyeker

--Finally, here is a list of the plugins my Project 64 currently has installed:

Adaptoid_v1_0.dll
Jabo_DInput.dll
Jabo_Direct3D6.dll
Jabo_Direct3D8.dll
Jabo_Dsound.dll
No Sound.dll
NRage_DInput8_V2.dll
RSP.dll
Zilmar_Audio.dll

As for your question on the latest RDB, I'm afraid I don't know what that means. :(

Last edited: