What's new

Maroja's Mask Help

Havok777

Hello! I am having trouble loading my saved data unto another PC. I have tried copying every file in the 'Save' folder as well as the rom, but it doesn't work either way. When I load the game and press F7 to load the state, a message appears at the bottom of the window, saying that it was unable to load the data. Any suggestions?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Try Loading the savestate manually by pressing Ctrl+L and then selecting the save you want to load.

You should never rely solely on savestates and they are prone to malfunction and can corrupt easily. You should always use native saves first and foremost, and savestates as backup.

OP
H

Havok777

Thanks

Thank you for the suggestion, but that doesn't seem to work. Now, is the native save a file itself, or does it become part of the rom?

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Native saves are seperate from the rom. They will generally be stored in the save folder for PJ64, unless you changed the directories saves are located. A save for a game will only work if it's for the same region and version type. In other words, you can't (normally!) use Super Mario 64 (U) [!]'s save file on Super Mario 64 (J) and expect results.

As it's been stated before, the native save is better than the save state, because it is more stable and less prone to corruption.