What's new

MarioKart 64 vs Mode Running Fast

SuperNewb

Alright... first post here, I did all the searches I could to find someone who has already posted about the same problem but couldn't quite find it.

I recently finally got around to plugging 4 controllers (2 logitech, 2 saitek) into my computer and running P64 for some 4 player MarioKart action. The problem is most courses (exceptions: Royal Raceway.. Luigi Raceway... maybe a couple others) run incredibly fast. I'm aware that the tradition N64 version does run vs courses a bit faster than typical 150cc but this is MUCH faster.

Someone posted earlier about having this problem with DK Jungle Parkway but I'm having it with almost all of the courses while running multiplayer with 3/4 people. The same problem does not occur during vs mode with 2 players or battle mode (except on Skyscraper where the same problem happens).

FPS limiter is enabled but doesn't seem to be limiting the FPS enough... or... something?

Can anybody help?

Edit: Also noticed the music doesn't play in vs/battle modes with 3+ players... not sure if that's actually true on N64 or not, just figured I'd provide as much info about the problem as possible

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
OP
S

SuperNewb

what video plugin are you using?
it only happens in VS mode?
did you change the counter factor at all?

Graphics = Jabo's Direct3d8 1.6
Only happens in VS mode with 3 or more players (2 is fine)
Changed the counter factor... it slowed it down some, naturally, but it also slowed down the rest of the game and didn't slow down the problem courses nearly enough.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
now that i think about it, i remember someone else had that problem on this form.

i bellive it's a rom problem or something

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Mario Kart 64 is up to 3x faster on a NES when using vs mode.
the only limitation is the nes has a much slower cpu than a pc.