What's new

Mario Party Resets Computer

later

Everytime I play the minigame where you have to make music (don't remember the name) the computer resets!

I'm running PJ64 1.5 beta, Jabo Direct3D 7, Jabo's Sound, Nrage input.

This is running @ P4-2000, 256MB, GF4 MX460, SB 128

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Also when I enter a minigame, there are black stripes in the background, can this be fixed?

OP
L

later

Fact is that I was running 1.4 but it was also resetting.

Then I switched over to 1.5, to hope the problem was fixed, but sadly no :(

Trotterwatch

1.5 is identical to 1.4 Kanly, with a few extra opcodes added, improved cheat support, and GUI fixes.

Not too sure what could be causing your problems, but I would point a finger at your soundcard. Try going to:

Start>Run and type: DXdiag

Then go to Sound, and lower the hardware acceleration a couple of notches - then check to see if it still happens.

AcidTHC

i get the same problem, however, for me, it's just 1 mini-game that resets my computer --------- Bandstand ------------.
It's happened twice, once while playing the game and then in the mini-game world.
I`ve already checked the rom "Mario Party (U) [!]", that's what GoodN64 said, so it's ok, it's just that 1 section of the game.

ASk

Dark Lord Of Sith
a) do you overclock. If you do, put the settings to their originals. Emulation is very sensitive to this...could crash your pc too.
b) Do you use Windows XP
If you do go to: Start->Control panel. Open System Properties.
Go to Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery. Click on Settings.
In the System Failure bit uncheck "Automatically Restart". Your problem could be the infamous nVidia + Dets XP + Win XP = BSOD stating error in nv4agp.sys or similar. This option will make it show the BSOD instead of automatically restarting.