What's new

Mario Kart64 Help Please!

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
I'm running on the ATI Radeon X1600 Series Graphics Card with a Sony Vaio MCE 2005 with 1 Gigabyte RAM and 320 Gigabyte Hard Drive Space. The problem is that I'm facing major slowdowns when I go on with the star and when I fall into a lake and am picked up. This graphics card is supposed to be really powerful, not so sure if it's as good as the XStacy X856(?). Also the game is really pixelated in comparison to the original on the N64, please help me.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The game is pixelated beause the sprites have a fixed resolution. The original resolution gets scaled when you choose a higher resolution than the original N64 resolution. Furthermore, it really doesn't look the same when viewed from a computer monitor. "Always Use Texture Filter" in Jabo's plugin alleviates the pixcelation a little at least.

As for your main problem, I can't say. Yes, the game should be fast all around.

Last edited:
OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Thanks!

I'm sorry to say that I've been using the Glide64 Plugin because it has proven to me that it can run the games as smooth as water but, I will try to re-download the Game ROM. I think that it is odd that with my computer specs it can't be handled and I would love to play it on a less pixelated format because this screen has such a crystal clear quality to it but, ah well.

If anyone knows how to get these games in high resolution format on Project64 please tell me how to do so.

Allnatural

squeakypants said:
Try redownloading the rom. It might be corrupt or something (this happened to my ssb)
Though I doubt that'll solve this problem, the suggestion should always be "scan with GoodN64" first...then redownload if necessary.