What's new

Majora's Mask Cutscene Problem

BWJACKETS

Hey guys, I'm new on here and this is my first post. I've got 1964 on my computer and so far I've played Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time without any problems. However, last night after downloading and starting Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, an issue has come up that I haven't found any answers to.

Ok so I start the game up, and right off the bat at the title screen when the mask normally would show up in the background I just see a black screen for several moments before you see the game logo and in-game footage. Also, when I am playing and there is a cutscene (such as when Link is transformed in the beginning into a deku scrub) I just see a black screen while I am listening to the sound effects and whatnot. Anyways, I have one set of inputs that haven't let me down yet for graphics and for sound, my video input is Rice's 5.5.1 however if anybody has had the same problem and fixed it, I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
If you can't see anything with Jabo's D3D8 1.6 in these events, then your card doesn't support this effect. Use Jabo's D3D6 1.5.2 to see them without the blur effect.

OP
B

BWJACKETS

Thanks for the help! I can see videos now! One more problem though...the game freezes ALOT!! It usually stops responding however I can still hear audio, however if I do anything else it just freezes completely and oftentimes the emulator itself closes. It usually happens very early on in the game right before I can save it, when I'm still a Deku scrub and the clock begins ticking down from five minutes left. If anybody has experienced this, please let me know and what I can do to fix it! Thanks!

Last edited: