What's new

Majora Mask transition sequences slowdown with 3d8

oakentree

Basically that's what happens: Majora Mask transition sequences slowdown with 3d8

Any clues on how I may solve this problem? the plugin with 1964 works wonderfully except for that. Imagine experiencing a slowdown everytime you remove one of the three main masks. Sloooowww...ddd....doooo....oooo...oooo....ooo...ooo...wwwww............nnnnn. Of that sort...

My computer system uses an nVidia TNT2 Ultra graphic card and my processor is a 1.7GHz pentium IV

Edit: I'm using Jabo's 3d8 1.6 plugin for the graphics

Edit 2: God bless Jabo btw (whoever he/she is)

Edit 3: The transitions work perfectly with 3d6 and 3d7, but these don't emulate all textures and effects unlike 3d8. Why wouldn't the 3d8 work perfectly? Mutual exclusion of the functions maybe? I've been replacing plugins to suit myself so far. Are there maybe any optimal settings I've missed, that I may avoid myself the trouble?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Switch to Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin. The D3D8 is too "advanced" for a TNT2 card to handle.

OP
O

oakentree

Thanks agozer for your clue, the problem with 3d6 is that some effects are not handled, like the halo around the mask upon equipping/unequipping sequence; the halo appears opaque. Same thing with 3d7, the water appears opaque. Also the coloured fairies appear black.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Unfortunately that's probably the best you can do with that video card. You could still try other plugins, like Rice's or gl64, etc. At least with Rice's plugin, there are a whole bunch of options to tweak; the combiner types especially.