What's new

Macbook Air or Macbook Pro?

Martin

Administrator
Well we need to get some discussions going. :)

My brother's asking me about helping him to pick a new Macbook (he's only used PC before). He's been looking at the Macbook Pro and Macbook Air.

Thoughts? Configurations?

He's leaning towards the 13" Macbook Air at the moment. I suggested 4 GB of RAM.

Stezo2k

S-2K
I prefer the Macbook Pros because they're just that little bit quicker. I must admit the design and smallness of the Air is very tempting though

Both great machines, you can't really go too wrong either way

smcd

I still prefer an optical drive - but I guess you can pick up an external one... Also, I like user-replaceable batteries! hehe

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Yeah I thought those had dvd-rw built in at first but I guess not since they're so slim. :) But I don't know the last time I actually used mine. dvd is good for installing drivers and reinstall the os but that's pretty much all I use it for nowadays. :p

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Honestly, I'd suggest him to try some cracko-way to try macos on a pc before getting a mac. Otherwise the thing might end up collecting dust. :p

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Love my MacBook Pro 13. Air is cool but speed and DVD drive were real important to me, and I only have 4 gig. 2.4 ghz core 2 duo somehow seems way faster with OS X the any Windows variant I have used. Plays some pretty high end games and emulators. Lastly of the unix'ish of it all. In fact so much I just bought anew iMac i7 desktop last week. :)

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Love my MacBook Pro 13. Air is cool but speed and DVD drive were real important to me, and I only have 4 gig. 2.4 ghz core 2 duo somehow seems way faster with OS X the any Windows variant I have used. Plays some pretty high end games and emulators. Lastly of the unix'ish of it all. In fact so much I just bought anew iMac i7 desktop last week. :)

Hehe that's the exact same setup I have (the MacBook Pro 13). You bastard, I wish I had an iMac i7 as well :)

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Hehe that's the exact same setup I have (the MacBook Pro 13). You bastard, I wish I had an iMac i7 as well :)

It's really disgusting too, I stuffed 16 gig ram in it. :)

I have actually never owned a rig this top end before, probably will never happen again, lol