What's new

Mac emulator problem

bloodo+

Hi there, I have a few questions in dealing with mupen 64 since i am comletely new to mac...just got it a few weeks ago. First my problem with mupen 64 is that when i load the rom the screen will show for a second then it will close itself, i beleive its because i changed the emulator core to the one that wasnt compatible with macs but everytime i re-download mupen 64 it keeps on doing the same thing, next how do you configure the controls on mupen 64, do you have to use terminal? (intel mac btw)

Thank you so much

thatmariolover

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=44917

Really nothing to be done. We're hoping Mupen64Plus (look at the subforum) gets ported to OS X before terribly long. As of right now the only Mac port has zero configuration options.

As for your crashes, I experience the same problem on my Intel Mac. I would suggest trying SixtyForce until Mupen64Plus gets ported, as it seems to be much more stable on Intel Macs.

OP
B

bloodo+

thank you so much..thing is there are some errors with zelda majora mask and right now its just weird i open the window and automatically shuts down

OP
B

bloodo+

thanks though you have been very helpful. Th reason im testing this out is because i recently had windows on the mac ..specifically today and was trying to activate windows by looking for a serial key on windows then i got a ton of viruses and had to remove the partition of the hard drive...i was using project 64 on it so im trying to resort to no viruses :p