What's new

Luigi's Mansion Problems...

jfb392

I downloaded Luigi's Mansion as 3 files. One .rar, one .r00 and one .r01
They all combined when i un-rarred the files and made a 1.35 gig .gcm file.
I tried running it and it got to the Press Start screen and then when I press start it doesn't crash but it slows down to 6.37 fps and doesn't do anything more.
I haven't messed around with any of my settings on Dolphin and I downloaded the DLL package but I dont know where to put them.
Any settings you need to change to play it?
And is there supposed to be no sound?
And if your wondering what my specs are:
Windows XP SP 2
Intel Pentium 4
2.60 GHZ
512KB
Gateway EV730 on Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
64 MB Sound Card

Dolphin says my graphics card should work great...
And I shrunk it and it will still slow down but instead to 5.67 fps..

Pky

Lol what do you think crash means? Sometimes it means IT CRASHED and bam it dissapears. But crash here means that it stops moving. We said that in the current version on dolphin it doesn't run after the start screen, in the compatibility thread.

Edit : I don't know what the dolphin team put as a "bad"" graphic card, i've more pcs and in all it says that it's a good card. You will have to wait to see it work at more than 6 or 10 fps, or buy a gamecube :icecream:

OP
J

jfb392

Pky said:
Lol what do you think crash means? Sometimes it means IT CRASHED and bam it dissapears. But crash here means that it stops moving. We said that in the current version on dolphin it doesn't run after the start screen, in the compatibility thread.

Edit : I don't know what the dolphin team put as a "bad"" graphic card, i've more pcs and in all it says that it's a good card. You will have to wait to see it work at more than 6 or 10 fps, or buy a gamecube :icecream:
well i thought crash was dolphin closing itself..
and my graphic card could probably handle it...it can handle DOOM 3 with everything maxed out.
and I have a Gamecube and this game already.
I just got bored and decided to get all these emulators...

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
USA region I gather? USA doesn't go to the menu, PAL goes to the end of the intro. Neither works ingame though, so it's a waste of time to try to get ingame. :p

Video card, Processor or power has nothing to do [barely] with the power of Gamecube emulation. You'll get roughly the same results on a PC which just meets the requirements as on the best PC on the market currently. May I suggest searching the forums before posting these topics though? :)

Pky

May I suggest searching the forums before posting these topics though?

Yes, indeed, it's even unnecessary to use the search button, just to look at the compatibility thread.

I have a Gamecube and this game already.

Lol, don't get the point.

ArgJuli

Argentine emutalk-tennisplayer
well......Luigi's Mansion (PAL) don't go ingame.....after the intro an error appear....Read:unknown adress.....then it hangs...that's the answer of your question jfb392......Bye