What's new

Looking for an emulator to run the Zelda games...

ForteMP3

Hey, I'm somewhat new to N64 emulation. I've only used N64 emulators a few times, and I'm just wondering what the best emulator for what I'm trying to do is.

I'm interested in actually playing through Majora's Mask (I've beaten Ocarina of Time quite a few times already) but unfortunately, every emulator I've tried to play Ocarina of Time on (and other games, for that matter) have given me corrupted graphics and whatnot, even though I've verified the roms I have as good dumps...I'm thinking I've got bad drivers, plugins, or something else. Here's what I've got in specs...If anyone could suggest an ideal emulator/plugin setup, I'd appreciate it.

OS-Win98 SE
Processor-1.3ghz Athlon
Ram-256MB
3D Card-ATI Radeon 7200 Series with latest drivers.
Sound-Onboard C-Media with latest drivers
Input-Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power Gamepad

So, what's the best choice for running Zelda OOT and Zelda MM?

Oh, and...Does anything run Kirby 64 yet?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Try,
Project64 with Jabo's GFX plugin, Jabo's DirectSound and input plugin of choice (you can just use the standard shipped ^^)

And yes, kirby works too. Glide64 & eVoodoo would be the best plugin for that game.

OP
F

ForteMP3

Unfortunately, I'm on an ATI card, and I know that doesn't support glide. I'm familiar with the concept of Glide Wrappers, but I've yet to actually use one, so I don't know what would be right for me if I used a Glide based plugin.

Clements

For me, OoT looks FANTASTIC with glNintendo(), far better than Jabo's, and Glide64 + eVoodoo has numerous problems with OoT. However as you have a Radeon, it may be not so good. Still worth a try, though.

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Clements said:
For me, OoT looks FANTASTIC with glNintendo(), far better than Jabo's, and Glide64 + eVoodoo has numerous problems with OoT. However as you have a Radeon, it may be not so good. Still worth a try, though.
But... no one said to use glide64 and evoodoo for OoT... it was said to be used for Kirby 64

;)