What's new

linux nogui

pavpanchekha

I'm using the linux binary build of mupen64 0.5 (can't get it to compile)

How do I run mupen on linux with the nogui option? I want to add launchers to all my games without starting mupen gui (as in, a launcher to 'mupen64 --nogui "$HOME/ROMs/game"'

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Unfortanatally this is not possible without compiling from some source. The sources from Mupen64-AMD64 will compile properly on the Intel 32-bit architectures incase you want to try that as Richard42 added some nogui improvements to it. Anyways, when building from source you will get a new binary, mupen64-nogui which will allow you to use the console. It has various options and an interactive mode that asks you for the plugins selection, etc.

Also, Many people here would be very willing to try and help with your compile error, Mupen64 0.5 or Mupen64-AMD64.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
I'm using the linux binary build of mupen64 0.5 (can't get it to compile)

How do I run mupen on linux with the nogui option? I want to add launchers to all my games without starting mupen gui (as in, a launcher to 'mupen64 --nogui "$HOME/ROMs/game"'

Mupen64 0.5 builds 2 binaries - one is just 'mupen64', while the other is 'mupen64_nogui'. It's kind of tricky to get the _nogui build to run right - depending upon the values in 'config.h' at compile time, it expects the plugins/config files to be in different places, and the error logging is not helpful.

It would probably be easier for you to download the 32-bit binary build of mupen64-amd64, located in this thread. With this one you should be able to build your launchers and get it to work.

@nmn: BTW the interactive mode for the _nogui build is gone. It was really broken and more trouble than it was worth so I removed it when I reworked all of that code. In its place, you can specify plugin options like --audio <path> --gfx <path>, etc, and they work as you would expect them to.

Last edited: