What's new

Legend Of Zelda

Minoru

Bozu
Regarding Legend Of Zelda, everyone seems to really enjoy those games, and from what I've experianced I can come to the conclusion that people find Ocarina Of Time most enjoyable. What I fail to understand is what everyone has against Wind Waker. Sure the orirginal Link is gone in that, and the graffics are cartoonish, but they are also very fluent that way. I enjoy the gameplay of Wind Waker and I think it's an excellent game.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The biggest gripe most players have with Wind Waker is that is takes forever and a day to sail from place to place and there's a lot of sailing to do.

People who say it sucks because it looks cartoony don't know what the hell they're talking about and should be ignored.

Toasty

Sony battery
Agozer speaks for me as well. I found the game quite enjoyable. I'll admit that I would have preferred realistic graphics, but graphics aren't what make or break a game, at least not to me.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
I think what people wanted, with the new hardware, was an Ocarina-of-Time-esq game with updated graphics and new additions to gameplay. The cell shaded cartoon thing seemed to detract from any sort of realizm the game once had. I've never played Wind Waker, but I know I was turned off by its appearant kiddiness and playful art direction. I think I probably missed out on a great game because of my preconception.

I should have known better... I mean its Nintendo. Who else comes out with a game like Nintendogs or makes radical desisions on flagship products (like Wii for example... who else would have to balls to let their next gen console break accepted conventional norms).

yegosimo

Bug Killer
People who say that tWW sucks is just ... ignorant
It is a great game, it even has more graphics-effects than OoT (like Link's eyes, the effect of heat on the first dungeon, the clouds...)
And the gameplay is really cool.
Yeah, the map is huge too, but it's cooler that way. Then you actually spend time on the game, and if you don't want to just get the "Teleporting" song and you will have to travel less.
Isn't Metroid in a huge place too?

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well I can't say much for WW since I havent played enough of it. I personally didnt enjoy OOT as much as Link to the Past or the original but thats just me I guess.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The sailing part is drastically reduced if you get the song from the guy creating the tornados in the sea, all you need to do is find some foul weather, using your trusty bow and arrow now shoot him, you get a new song to play and you can now warp to almost anywhere on the map. The worst part of the game is hunting the sea for the triforce i'd reckon but heres a tip for you, every time you enter a new piece of the sea look for the jumping fish quickly and drop bait for him. Get the map drawn and while you're traveling about you'll fill in some of the map (you'll need to anyway to find the damn triforce heh)

Wind Waker is an amazing game, I personally love the cel shaded graphics... its nice seeing links emotions and the graphics are really fluid and its not like it wasn't the original Zelda style, Link to the past was cartoony as well. My favourite dungeon is the third one, Tower of the Gods and my favourite part of the game is when you're in Hyrule castle.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The sailing part was absolutely annoying. Ganondorf looked like crap. Too few dungeons.
That's my grudge.

OP
M

Minoru

Bozu
Well, myself, I actuallly ENJOY the long sailing. I dunno why, but I guess I just love the idea, I always enjoy games with boats, and pirate simulations too. But I love the secrets you can find in the water, especially at night, and raiding those watch towers is so fun. I also like the who thing with the turning bombs into a cannon on board the ship. To some, the sailing is the most boaring part, but to me, it's the most exciting.

Doomulation

And I find all that you explain to be extremly boring. Dungeons and the main task is what is important and Wind Waker just lacks 'em. And there's nothing like the Shadow Temple is OoT. That was a fine dungeon methinks.

OP
M

Minoru

Bozu
Well, I love a video game with lots of secrets that lets me fool around. Here's something I love to do:

Later in the game, when the black pig in the house on the island on you start out in has grown very big and fat, I pick it up and carry it allllllllllllllll the way to the top of the cliff where the broken bridge is, and heave it over the edge and then jump off myself. I land hard in the water, and then the pig actually takes longer to hit the water than I do, but looking up and watching it slowly fall is just so funny. It then hits the water, and swims to shore. It's also fun to get it really peeved at me so it starts to charge at me while its in the fencing. I love fooling around in WW.

Doomulation

That sounds like stuff kids like to fool around with. Players at the younger age. Being an old one myself, I don't like that stuff anymore.

I loved the sailing in Wind Waker. If you try going to the top of a hill and sail, it's like taking a scenic route to your destination :)

ShadowDamien

Shadow's Secret Clone
yegosimo said:
Ganondorf is crap

In this game yes. In OoT, he looked really cool.

I agree with the point that there are not enough dungeons, OoT had what? 6-8 temples and the three at the beginning?

The sailing for the Triforce was annoying as hell, but the barrels that pop up with ruppes that you jump over was a neat addition for huge wallets.

What people are expecting is Twiglight Princess graphics, not Wind Waker graphics, which turns them away from a great game.

Moral: PLAY THE GAME FOR THE GAME, NOT THE GRAPHICS.:king:

P.S. Shadow and Spirit Temples are the best for exploring. Ganon's Tower was awesome too.

OP
M

Minoru

Bozu
Well, the thing about all Zelda games is that you just don't want to stop playing until you finish, and even then you want to keep playing until you've found every secret, and even then you want to do it all again. I don't know of a single Zelda game that I ever just plain got bored of.